My QC 30 headphones used to connect to my Lenovo laptop. Now they do not. They show up as paired in my systems utility, but the earphones do not recognize my laptop. They do recognize and connect to my iPhone. Have tried running troubleshoot on my laptop and restarting, but still no luck. Thanks for any help.
Hello @KathyP and welcome to the Community!
I'm sorry to hear of the connection difficulties that you've had with the connection of your QC 30 headphones, and would be happy to help.
Just to confirm, when you say that you have performed the troubleshooting on your laptop, are you referring to the built-in troubleshooter for the OS, or to the troubleshooting that we suggest?
If this was the built-in troubleshooting for the laptop, I would ask that you perform the following troubleshooting steps for this product:
1) Clear the Bluetooth List of the product. This can be done by pressing and holding the "Power/Bluetooth" button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared" from the headset.
Once cleared, please choose to forget/remove this device from the Lenovo laptop. This will clear any connections, so please pair this again from the product list.
2) Please perform a product reset. For the QC30 headphones this is done by turning off the headset, waiting 30 seconds, then plugging the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger. Following this, wait 5 seconds before unplugging the USB cord from the headset. Once disconnected, please wait 1 minute more before turning on the headset and testing the connection again.
3) Perform any updates available for this system. These updates can be managed by connecting this to a computer/laptop through a USB-A-->Micro-B cable, and clicking HERE to go to our updater website where the instructions can be followed to update your headphones.
4) If you have performed all of the above, as this is connecting correctly to the iPhone I would ask that you start your laptop up in "Safe Mode" and test the connection again. This can be done by pressing the Windows logo key + "I" on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button, then select Settings . From here, select Update & Security --> Recovery. Then, under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. This will then restart once more, and after this restarts, select 5 or press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
Once booted up in Safe Mode, please test the Bluetooth connection again!
Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes!
Liam W - Community Support
Thanks for your quick reply. I followed your steps twice but still have no connection. My Lenovo briefly indicated that it was connected to my headphones but after a few seconds returned to paired. My headphones never seem to recognize my Lenovo. Any other ideas?
Hi again @KathyP, and thank you for following up!
I may need some more information here before I continue further.
As such, can I ask for the following information?
1) I had previously presumed that you were running Windows 10 on this Lenovo computer. Can you confirm if this is correct, or if you are running another version?
2) What Bluetooth version is this running?
3) When you are testing this, was this connected to just the Lenovo, or was this still connected to your iPhone when you tested this?
4) Are there any items in your Bluetooth list on the computer other than the QC30 headphones?
Please get back to me when you can!
Thanks for the great information. Once we have the following information we can help more.
I look forward to your response.