Highlighted
johna2626
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Quiet Control 30 - Right Ear Bud not working

Hi,

My right ear bud stopped playing sound, while the left ear bud works fine.  Does anyone have any suggestions to get this fixed?

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Quiet Control 30 - Right Ear Bud not working

Hello @johna2626 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting any audio out of your right earbud and would be happy to assist with this!

Firstly, I would ask that you check that the openings on the back of the earbuds are clean and free of debris. Furthermore, I would ask that you clean the right earbud itself, remove the StayHear+ tip and place this near your ear to see if this will play without the ear-tip as well. If so, please let me know!

Following the above, I would recommend that you check the balance levels of the device you have paired to this headset, and/or pair this to another Bluetooth device. If you are able to get this to play on another device, then I would advise checking the L/R balance/Pan for your first device is set all the way to one side, or if there are any other sound settings that may affect this. I would also advocate trying this with another audio source on the device(s) you use as well.

Please return to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W - Community Support

johna2626
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Liam,

I have cleaned the ear bud, removed the StayHear+ tip, and paired the earbuds with a different device.  All tests have resulted in the same issue.

What should I try next?

Hello johna2626, 

Thank you for getting back to us!

I would also recommend that you reset your headphones and ensure that the latest firmware is installed. 

To perform the reset:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

To update visit btu.bose.com on your computer. 

Let me know the outcome of these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

johna2626
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Charlotte,

I have reset the headphones and they still do not work.

I have also connected my headphones to my computer and tried to update them, however my web pages changes from the attached file.

Let me know what else I can try.2019-08-30_15-40-52.png

Hi Johna2626, 

Thanks for testing this. 

With this information in mind, I would recommend that you contact your local customer service center to explore service options as we have exhausted the troubleshooting steps available.  Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G