Highlighted
pescadordetrucha
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Quiet Control 30 earphone wireless not connecting

QC 30 pairs with Windows 10 but will not connect. No problems with other devices such as Galaxy S9

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Quiet Control 30 earphone wireless not connecting

Hi pescadordetrucha, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I am sorry to hear that you are having a few issues when connecting to Windows 10 and would love to assist you further. 

I would highly recommend that you check out the steps that are listed in this thread here. If you are still experiencing issues after attempting all the steps that are listed, please do let us know and we can look into this further for you. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

pescadordetrucha
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi_Hector B,

I followed your instructions to the letter, with the same results.  After removing LE-Bose QuietControl 30 under Bluetooth settings twice and reinstalling QC 30, Windows 10 recognized and paired the QC 30, but not connected.

However, the QC30 still recognized and connected to Galaxy 9.  I thought the QC30 could be used with multiple mobile devices.  Am I wrong? 

pescadordetrucha

Hi pescadordetrucha, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am sorry to hear that you are still unable to connect both devices. 

You are correct they can be used with up to two connected Bluetooth devices at once, can you please attempt to only connect to the Windows 10 computer to see if the connection fully connects? 

I would also like for you to perform a reset on the headphones by: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

Then please attempt the connections again and update me on the result of this. I look forward to hearing back from you and any other users experiencing this issue.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

pescadordetrucha
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi Hector_B,

Bad news, again.  The QC30 won't let go of the Galaxy S9, no matter what I do.  I, again, followed your instructions, which I will try to put in order:

1. Removed QC30 from PC.  Disconnected QC30 from Galaxy S9.

2. Under Bluetooth, attempted to install QC 30.  QC 30 tried connecting to Galaxy 9, even though I disconnected.  While still searching, same message states connecting to Galaxy S9, then says that mobile device not found.  Then QC 30 does nothing.  OK, fine.  Did the 2nd part of your instructions, with the QC 30 disconnected from everything.

3.  Turned on Bluetooth search, again, and immediately  I could see Windows 10 trying to connect to Bose QuietControl 30 (not LE-QuietControl 30, which always showed up previously.  In fact, this is the first time Bose QuietControl 30 appears).  However, Windows 10 never completes the connection, and in fact, states "Try connecting your device again," which I do.  The next message states ready to pair, but never connects.

4. I tried many times after but the same.  This is really turning into a CF over a simple device.  This, by the way, occurs exactly with my other 3 laptops, with the same exact results.

My concern is that I fly thousands of miles annually, and I enjoy the QC30 on the flights because of the tremendous noise reduction.  But what I don't enjoy is when I'm home - right now in Argentina - I have to use another wireless headphone.

I have a hard time I'm the only person having this problem.  Is there a real solution?

pescadordetrucha

Hi pescadordetrucha,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I would like to advise clearing the pairing list of your QC30's. To do this, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared".

Remove the headphones (including the LE- profile) from all previously connected devices' pairing lists and then re-establish the connection with your computer. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

pescadordetrucha
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi Charlotte G,

Finally!  Clearing the pairing list worked, but it was very difficult because I had to clear the list 3 times before it took.  Apparently, Windows 10 had difficulty recognizing Bose QC 30 and LE-QC 30, which was why I had to clear the list many times.

But success. Please let Hector B know of the solution.  Thank you.

pescadordetrucha

Hello pescadordetrucha, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am so glad to hear that your issue is now resolved. I will make sure that I let @Hector_B know the solution. 

Can you please mark @Charlottle_G's solution as the 'Accepted Solution' as this will help other users know what to do in the future. 

Let us know if you ever need help again. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W