Highlighted
Robertpetry
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Re: Quiet Control 30 firmware update decrease noise canceling efficiency

@2204pc, English may not be your first language but what you are saying makes no sense at all.  I have both the QC20 and QC30, have updated both to the most recent firmware, and both work very very well for noise cancellation.  

Screaming Fraud fraud fraud and crooks crooks crooks is not going to get you anywhere.  

The reality is that the noise cancellation is unchanged in the latest firmware.  Your experience is completely subjective and that is no reason to yell Fraud and Crooks lol.  Both the 20 and the 30 are great products with some flaws.  

donbartal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Hi Robert,

The previous responder may not have hit the appropriate tone, you are right, it will take us nowhere. 

At the same time, the thread was raised for a reason. I have an issue as well with NC and I believe I am normal. I have a headphone alongside the qc30, and whilst the first showed  no change in sound during the past years, I cannot tell the same about the latter one. 

Although it is a minority of customers facing the problem I believe BOSE should look into is deeper.

Thanks,

Akos

Chi19
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

I also had noticeable reduction in noise reduction after the firmware update.  I was not aware the issue was so widespread until I came across the comments on this forum.  I was, however, able to significantly improve the quality of noise reduction by reinstalling the firmware.

My firmware on the QC30 was updated via Bose Connect to 3.0.3.  Noise reduction capability was reduced and noticeable humming was constant.  The firmware upgrade made the headphones noticeably worse.  Another forum suggested forcing a reinstall via the online update site with a direct USB connection to the computer.  I reinstalled via Advanced Mode on btu.bose.com.  I followed the instructions to begin the process via the website and when shown my firmware was current, I entered Advanced Mode via pressing the keys in order one after another: "a" "d" "v"  "Up arrow" "Down arrow.  That allowed the option to force a firmware reinstall.  After reinstalling, I disconnected, powered up again and the sound seemed to return to original performance.  For good measure, I repeated the process.  This seems to have solved the issue.  A note to the Bose technicians - the method of update might be the cause.  Hope this trick helps others.