Jponder117
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

QuietComfort Earbuds Constant Hiss/Static out of Right Earbud

I just received the new earbuds went through the pairing and now the left one seems fine but the right one has constant static and hiss, while I am sitting in a completely quiet room.  

45 REPLIES 45
Jponder117
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Re: QuietComfort Earbuds Constant Hiss/Static out of Right Earbud

Yes, I have tried the reset procedure several times.  Nothing works very dissapointing.

Charlotte_G

Hey @Jponder117, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sure it is disappointing to not have your new earbuds working as they should. Let's get this quickly resolved so you can enjoy the full potential of the QuietComfort Earbuds. 

The reset procedure is a great step to take. Could you please also ensure that firmware version v1.0.7 is installed? You can check this in the Bose Music app. If it is not, please go ahead and update the earbuds. Alternatively, let me know if the firmware is already up to date.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jponder117
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Support couldn’t get it resolved.  I just dropped them in the post to return them.  I can’t justify having to do hours of troubleshooting on a brand new device.

Bouch
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

I have this exact same issue. Hissing in complete quiet room out of one bud. Reset and turning off NC no help...  mine have no more than 2 hours on them. 

Vicky_W

@Bouch, I am sorry about this. Have you updated the firmware at all? If so, does this happen with all connected devices or just one? Also, what device are you connecting to and what audio source are you using? 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Bouch
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

iPhone 11 Pro Max.  
does it with no music playing at all. Left ear only right ear fine. Asked to update right out of box so I did. Doesn’t matter if music playing. It’s the noise cancelling piece of it. It was clear at first, occasionally hiss popped in, then went away. Now hiss there all the time. 

Vicky_W

I am sorry to hear that, please can I confirm a few things: 

• What Bose Music app version are you running? 
  • What OS version are you running? 
  • Does this happen with another device? 
  • What are the steps exactly to make this happen?
RobLW
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Count yourself lucky. I get it in BOTH ears. I turn off noise cancellation and get this horrible hiss where basically the microphone is active. But it shouldn’t be, I’m in a total silent room. 

Had the product for 1 hour, and so far everything from rubbish hardware to a completely god aweful app design. These are a joke! 

Bouch
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Bose music 4.1.1

iOS 14.0.1. Although. Doing it on Mac OS as well.   
no steps to make it happen. If you listen closely, it’s there when you first out them in (only left ear). The “static” or “hiss” slowly gets louder till it’s unavoidable. 
   I cycle noise cancelling up and down to no avail. 
   I texted support with no help, with only phone number left to call. 
  Note.  I am an experienced NC user. I’ve had 20’s for years.  This is not normal.