Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

QuietComfort Earbuds stop charging

QuietComfort Earbuds stop charging although the case is fully charged.  

When I took them out of the case, the earbuds said battery is low.   Then I put them back and connect the charge case to USB.   After about one hour, the case was fully charged, but there is no light on earbuds.  

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Getting a replacement now.  But hope this issue will not happen to the replacement.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: QuietComfort Earbuds stop charging

Hey FS614,

I hope you're loving the comfort and sound of your new QC Earbuds! In regard to your issue, was the case ever able to charge the earbuds? Did you notice any damage to any connections which may have caused this issue?

I would've recommended a reset on the earbuds, as shown HERE, to clear any minor underlying issues. If the case is fully charged, it will charge your buds when they are connected, and will only require two hours to fully charge your buds.

I'm happy you've arranged a replacement, but if you have any other queries regarding these earbuds please let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Re: QuietComfort Earbuds stop charging

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, the case was able to charge the earbuds when I first received it.  I remember the buds said battery is about 80% when I first opened the box (and there were 2 or three lights lit on the case).   After I plugged in the case for a period of time, then 5 lights were lit and the buds said battery was 100%.  

The last time when I took the buds out from the case, the light on the buds were red and the buds said battery low.  After I put the buds back in the case and fully charged the case, then the buds did not turn on (no lights at all).  

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to follow the reset steps before I sent them back yesterday.  Hope the replacement will have no issues.

Thanks.