Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

QuietComfort Earbuds stop charging

QuietComfort Earbuds stop charging although the case is fully charged.  

When I took them out of the case, the earbuds said battery is low.   Then I put them back and connect the charge case to USB.   After about one hour, the case was fully charged, but there is no light on earbuds.  

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Getting a replacement now.  But hope this issue will not happen to the replacement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: QuietComfort Earbuds stop charging

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Sam_F

Hey FS614,

I hope you're loving the comfort and sound of your new QC Earbuds! In regard to your issue, was the case ever able to charge the earbuds? Did you notice any damage to any connections which may have caused this issue?

I would've recommended a reset on the earbuds, as shown HERE, to clear any minor underlying issues. If the case is fully charged, it will charge your buds when they are connected, and will only require two hours to fully charge your buds.

I'm happy you've arranged a replacement, but if you have any other queries regarding these earbuds please let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Sam_F

Hey FS614,

I hope you're loving the comfort and sound of your new QC Earbuds! In regard to your issue, was the case ever able to charge the earbuds? Did you notice any damage to any connections which may have caused this issue?

I would've recommended a reset on the earbuds, as shown HERE, to clear any minor underlying issues. If the case is fully charged, it will charge your buds when they are connected, and will only require two hours to fully charge your buds.

I'm happy you've arranged a replacement, but if you have any other queries regarding these earbuds please let us know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, the case was able to charge the earbuds when I first received it.  I remember the buds said battery is about 80% when I first opened the box (and there were 2 or three lights lit on the case).   After I plugged in the case for a period of time, then 5 lights were lit and the buds said battery was 100%.  

The last time when I took the buds out from the case, the light on the buds were red and the buds said battery low.  After I put the buds back in the case and fully charged the case, then the buds did not turn on (no lights at all).  

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to follow the reset steps before I sent them back yesterday.  Hope the replacement will have no issues.

Thanks.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

Hello,

I've had the same problem the past two days.  Charging case shows full charge, however, after the earbuds have been in the case overnight, the battery "voice" notification states low battery.  In other words, the case did not charge the earbuds.  After plugging in the case containing the earbuds using the USB cable for 1/2 hour, the earbuds were fully charged.  Perhaps the case is defective?

Pete

Hey Pete, thanks for joining the discussion, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your new earbuds charging. I would love to help get this resolved with you.

Let's start by resetting the earbuds to ensure any minor processor errors are corrected. To do this, follow the steps listed here. Then monitor the charging behavior and let me know if the issue persists..

Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks so much for your prompt response.  I've reset the earbuds per instruction.  I will monitor the charging directly from the case and contact you if any difficulties persist.

Pete

Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the suggestion, re: re-setting the earbuds.  That did the trick and the case has been fully charging the earbuds after every use.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

I just purchased the qc earbuds two days ago. They have been working fine, charging, everything. Last night I charged my case, and the earbuds were in the case. This morning my left earbud blinked red, the right did nothing. After about 10 minutes neither earbud blinked at all. I put them in and nothing, they won’t connect to my phone, won’t say anything. If anyone has any idea that would be great as I have a flight in 5 days.