Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

QuietComfort earbuds don’t disconnect when returned to case

QuietComfort earbuds don’t disconnect when returned to case. Have to manually disconnect from Bluetooth on iPhone 11 Pro Max.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Re: QuietComfort earbuds don’t disconnect when returned to case

Ok...Noguilt....

I have not had this happen to the Quiet comfort earphones but this did happen to me with the New Bose Sport model earphones. You would have to hold the button down in the case for like 25 seconds or so while they are plugged into the wall and the earphones inside. This should reset them. Also make sure they are removed from your phone too before doing this reset. After I did this they didn't do this again but I decided to stick with the QC $279 earphones over the $179 sport version. Also note I had andriod not apple so I don't know if this makes a difference. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Running into the same issue.  The QC earbuds intermittently do not disconnect when placed in their case.  Perhaps something to do with the ear detection remaining active?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Same here! Was not an issue initially in the first week. Dropped them into the case yesterday night and woke up to both the case and earbud batteries drained. Connected to iPhone 8+. 

Highlighted

Hey all, I really hope you're enjoying your new QuietComfort Earbuds so far!

It's certainly strange that your earbuds are not disconnecting when they're placed in the charging case. To confirm, is the charging case lid closed when this is happening? The connection will only be disabled once the lid of the charging case is closed.

I look forward to hearing back so that we can get to the bottom of this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Yes, the charging case lid is closed. It has not been a consistent pattern. Sometimes they disconnect from the iPhone as expected, when placed in the case with lid closed, but sometimes not. Also, once I manually disconnected (with earbuds in case with lid closed), and a few minutes later they had reconnected with no action on my part.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Same here.. Must disconnect in the app. Pixel 3s Android 11

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Just received my QuietComfort earbuds today and initially had this same issue where they would not disconnect when they were closed in the case. Good news though, I had success with the other posters recommendation... have the earbuds in the case with the lid open and hold down the button in the middle of the case with the Bluetooth symbol for about 25 seconds until the lights on the earbuds turn solid blue (fyi, I did not have the case plugged into the wall charger and it still worked). I only had to do this once and the disconnect feature in the case has worked flawlessly since.  No idea why this step is needed but I hope it helps. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Same here. after use the QC earbuds and put back to the case, the lid is turnoff but the earbuds reaming connected to the device. I tried with iPad and Iphone8 and same result.

I tried to disconnect it from the Bose Music app, but it reconnected again without any intervention from my side.

There is something we can do , to avoid this?.

best regards.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

I have the same issue with mine that arrived day before yesterday. They are updated to 1.0.7 and never disconnects from my phone unless I force it to.