vs123
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

QuietControl 30 Degraded Noise Cancelling

I got my QuietControl 30 from someone who didn't need it anymore. It still worked great. Until yesterday, when I heard a loud, high pitched squeal in the left ear. I blew on the earbud, which resolved the issue. Afterwards, the noise cancelling felt like it was degraded. I've taken care of the headphones ever since I received them, but this is confusing. I can now hear things that are supposed to be filtered out, like keyboard clicking (which seems noticeably louder now), hand clapping, and even mouse clicking. I've already done the standard "check if the NC is all the way up", "restart the headphones", and all the other troubleshooting things. Does dust stuck in the outside holes affect ANC? Can I clean the mics that the ANC uses?

There is no damage to the device itself, and I handled it with care. What free options do I have?

P.S. this site was hard to navigate and I had to wait an awfully long time until I could post something here, I kept getting "registration pending" when I tried to log into the forums.

5 REPLIES 5
Vicky_W

Re: QuietControl 30 Degraded Noise Cancelling

Hello Vs123, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help, I know you said that you have tried all troubleshooting. However, there are a few things I would like to confirm we have tried. To start with, to locate the issue of the high pitched noise, check out the steps here. If the issue persists, let's check out the steps here

If you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.  Or you can book in an exchange on the UK or US website by selecting the option under the 'Support Tab'. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vs123
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Hi, yes, I blew some compressed air around the earbud and that seemed to have resolved the issue. My only thought is that there could still be more dust blocking the microphones used for noise cancelling.

Vicky_W

@vs123, I understand, if there is no way of you cleaning this, I would recommend exploring your support options via the website.  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
vs123
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

I blew some more compressed air on the earbuds, but nothing seems to have changed. I can still hear static with the ANC turned all the way up. I'm confused--what could have caused this and what should I be checking for? Dust/debris stuck somewhere?

Charlotte_G

@vs123 Dust/debris could certainly be a cause of poor ANC quality. As mentioned above, the next steps would be to explore the service options as we've been unable to resolve this through troubleshooting. Sorry about that!