Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

QuietControl 30 Left Earbud Loud Static

Hi, Everyone. My QuietControl 30, as of this morning, left ear bud produces only very crackily static. LOUD static. I purchased the unit in July, and only use it in the car. When I'm not using it, it's in the case, so it doesn't get damaged. It wasn't like this, yesterday. I'm starting to see that this appears to be a common problem. Any quick answers? I sure can't figure out the easy way to contact BOSE without calling them.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QuietControl 30 Left Earbud Loud Static

Hi bshantz,

Thanks for posting . I am so sorry to hear about that. The first thing I would recommend trying to clear and repair the headphones to your source device/

To clear devices previously paired with the headset, follow these steps:

• Power off the headphones.
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete the Bose® headphones from the Bluetooth list on your device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to pair a new device.

If you could please try that and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

Thanks for this, Tony.

I tried this, and there is no change. When the headset is powered on, the left earbud sounds like a microphone in a windstorm while someone is thumping it. Even at low volume, the BANGING is ear-splitting loud. This occurs, even when it is not paired with the phone.

Thanx,

Brad
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi bshantz,

Thanks for posting. Based on what you are describing, I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

So, by "Region" you really just mean Nation, right? There doesn't seem to be anything more granular than that....for instance, United States - NorthWest.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi bshantz,

Thanks for responding. I apologize for the confusion. Yes, when I mentioned " Region" I probably should have said "Country".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2019

I have the same problem just started. The wire inside the neckpiece going to the left ear seems to be loose.

if you open and close the neckpiece a little you should notice the crackling come and go.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

I have the same problem with my ear phones. Left earphone started sounding like crackles and pops this morning. 

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Jim, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

If you are encountering this issue and have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the earlier posts of the thread, I would recommend contacting your local Customer Support Team for further assistance.

If you select this link - Contact Us, you can select your region. Scroll to the bottom and select contact us which will provide you with their contact number.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Thank you,

I was there first and then went to the community since I didn't see the fix or how to reach bose directly to send these in for repair.

Am I missing a link I should know about? If so, where is it?

Jim