Veedleschnapper
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

QuietControl 30 dead and unresponsive

I'm on my second set of these headphones now and they are completely dead. They won't take a charge or turn on - even for a second.

Please contact me via email to arrange for a replacement of a totally different set of headphones as I am not prepared to waste any more time either trying to troubleshoot them, or trying to contact your customer service.

I will be contacting the ombudsman to exercise my rights as per the consumer rights act if this is not sorted out soon. Disgusting service from Bose - shame on you!

7 REPLIES 7
Hector_B

Re: QuietControl 30 dead and unresponsive

Hey veedleschnapper, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you have had this experience with two sets of QC30's and would love to assist with this. 

To start with can you please let us know if you have performed any troubleshooting on the headset at all? If you haven't I'd recommend starting with these steps here.

Can you please also let us know the region you are located in, this will allow us to provide you with the correct support link for service options for the product. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information.  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Veedleschnapper
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

Hi.

I can't perform any troubleshooting on them because they are totally unresponsive.

I'm in the UK

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this! 

I'd recommend attempting the manual update that is suggested in the article to see if the PC recognizes the headset at all. If it does not please enter your serial number here, to explore the service options for your product! 

If you run into any issues with this process, please do let us know. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Veedleschnapper
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

Okay, so I've followed the manual update process as described and they are now turning on, but then they keep cycling on and off. And the voice keeps saying ready to pair, then cuts out mid sentence, then they turn off and back on again, and repeat.

These phones and firmware are clearly complete junk and a total waste of my £300 and my time.

Please just tell me that you're going to replace them with something of equivalent price that works and is not these. 

Hector_B

Thanks for attempting this! 

I'm sorry to hear that the steps didn't fully resolve your issue. If you could please proceed with the link in the post above, you will be able to explore service options for your headset! 

If you are unable to do so via the website, please give us a call at 0333-3000-112. 

Veedleschnapper
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

Hi, I posted my headphones back to Bose a week ago and have not heard anything, please can you provide an update on my replacement?

Thanks

Tegan_M

Hi Veedleschnapper,

Sorry you are yet to have any information regarding your replacement.

The community forum is a place for troubleshooting, we are unable to look into product service status. If you reach back out to your local service team an agent can look into the status of your replacement. 

As you're in the UK, you can also send us a direct message on Facebook or via Twitter (BoseService) and an agent can look into this with you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!