DougLoynes
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Quietcomfort ear buds only connect while in the box

I recently purchased the Bose Quietcomfort earbuds in the UK and until recently they have worked fine with my Google phone and Macbook Pro. Now the earbuds will only connect to bluetooth on either device when they are in the charging box.

When they are in the box and connected to my phone I can see in the app that they are "connected", charging, and both box and earbuds are at 100%. As soon as I take them out of the box, the app says the earbuds are "not available".

I have tried every troubleshoot possible and they will not work with either my phone or my MacBook. I have also downloaded the most recent update so that is not the problem either.

Please help me with this. They were very expensive and I would have expected them to last longer than five weeks before a software malfunction. Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Re: Quietcomfort ear buds only connect while in the box

Hi DougLoynes,

This is very bizarre, sorry to hear that you are having this experience.

The Earbuds should turn off when placed in the charging case. When you experience this is the charging case lid still open?

Can you also confirm for us if you get any LED response from the headphones when you take these out of the charging case?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
DougLoynes
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Yes, when the lid is open my app shows me that both case and earbuds at 100% charged. 

When I remove the earbuds and put one in my ear, I can hear a "power up" noise followed immediately by a "power down" noise as the app tells me that the bluetooth has disconnected. 

Do you recommend any further action?

Thanks,

Keith_L

Thanks for letting us know that DougLoynes!

From how you are describing this, it does sound like the earbuds are only powering on when receiving power from the charging case, but they are not charging correctly so won't stay on when taken out of the case.

We do have some troubleshooting steps HERE that will help get the earbuds charging correctly again, try these steps and let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DougLoynes
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Still no luck, unfortunately. 

I called the UK support office and they told me that the product was under warranty and should be sent in to be fixed/replaced. However, I am now back in Brazil and I can't send the product home.

I was told to inform Bose Latin America that the product should be fixed/replaced but I have not heard back from them. Please help!