Jessie_O

Re: Quietcomfort earbuds EQ & feature requests

Hey there @rajesh_dxb

Thank you for your interest in our earbuds!

Your post has been marked as a feature request and will be reviewed by the relevant team.

Keep an eye on the community to stay up to date with any features that may be added to our products. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Sam_F

Hey Zorro1994,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences - I hope you're enjoying your QC Earbuds so far!

In case you didn't know, the QuietComfort Earbuds have inbuilt volume-optimized Active EQ technology. This innovation automatically boosts the lows and highs so the music, videos, and voices you’re listening to remain consistently balanced - even as you change the volume. However, I will take your feedback for dedicated control and pass this onto the relevant development teams. To stay up-to-date with firmware updates and feature releases, follow our social pages, and the Bose Community.

Let me know if you have any other queries with your earbuds I could help with!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
tlyda
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

The new QC Earbuds changed the way I jog. It is true freedom! I have a Samsung Galaxy 10+ (using Android).

I have two complaints:
1) the skipping-to-the-next-song function (using a single tap to the LEFT ear) rarely works on the first try. Sometimes it takes 3-4 touches for the song to finally skip. Many times, I will press the LEFT earbud and the song won't skip. I have to press a second time, and, instead of changing the song, the earbud's noise cancellation level change. It is a pain when jogging. I would rather use a double click to change the song. Having to hold my finger on the earbud (to skip a song) for an extended period of time (when jogging) is extremely tough to do.  Ironically, the double tapping 'PAUSE' function on the RIGHT ear is fast and easy. Can we have the double/triple tap function for skipping to the next song?

2) As with everyone else, adding a volume control or a way to go back to a previous music track would be a great addition.

Thanks,

III

ashaw3
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Folks,

I'd like to create a running thread of missing features that if aren't addressed or roadmapped will be resulting in return of the latest QC Earbuds. For me, these features are critical:

1. Bluetooth Device Switching: Ability to quickly change between saved devices with button

2. Volume Control: I have no idea how Bose missed this one, I heard a rumor it was going to be included then it was pulled out of the manual

3. Skip Backwards shortcut: This is insane that it isn't even an option for our one(?!) shortcut

Any others?

richharwell@hotmail.com
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

... and allow switching devices.  I needed to answer a call on my phone but the earbuds were paired to the iPad.  It would not switch the phone under bluetooth and even in the app, it could not find the earbuds.  I had to get the iPad, open the app, and switch to iPhone with also having to tap 'Disconnect' from the iPad.  Even without having a way to switch on the earbuds themselves, another device 'should' have the ability to connect if already paired.  This seems like a bug to me, but when I called, the support person was an absolute idiot and did not even understand what I was talking about.

I can live with the volume for now... but not being able to take a call without getting another device to disconnect from... dumb.

Irish_Viking
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

I'm hoping someone on the moderator crew sees this and forwards it on to the dev team.  In regards to the equalizer not being an option in the app, is absolutely shocking.  This is an option on the NC 700 headphones, so why wouldn't it automatically be an option with the new QC buds?  They do both use the same app do they not? (sarcasm inserted)

richharwell@hotmail.com
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

...another issue...  I was paired to my Apple Watch, listening to music.  A call came in and I tapped to answer on the iPhone... the earbuds were not connected to the phone, they were connected to the watch.  gotta take them out of ear to use the phone.  

Device switching in the Apple environment is 'no-bueno' with these earbuds.  "You just have to open our app to switch between devices" ... does not work well when you need to switch devices to take calls!!!!!!!  I should be able to go into Bluetooth on the iPhone and tap Bose Earbuds... DONE!  NOPE... gotta find the device it is currently connected to, disconnect from there then connect to the desired device.  BUG!!!!

Coming from multiple QCs and currently QC35s & Powerbeats Pro.... this product was designed/programmed by noobs, non-users or idiots.  Whoever is in charge of the software/firmware needs a slap upside the head.  I'm really curious to know what your product return percentage is on all the pre-orders.  Keep in mind... you are charging more than ALL of your competitors... STEP UP YOUR GAME BOSE!!!

I work for a software company... if I was the product manager for this product, I would be in someone's office getting yelled at by now or fired for this rollout.

GIVE US SOME HOPE THAT BOSE 'WILL' CORRECT THESE ISSUES WITH A FIRMWARE UPDATE...  Sending our feedback to a department... yea... you might as well tell us your are sending our feedback to a recycle bin.  Thankfully you have a longer than usual return period... if they are not made 'more' usable then they go back.

Irish_Viking
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

Well, this is disappointing.....attached is a screenshot from a quick conversation I had with Bose on Twitter....BoseQCBuds.jpeg

SethL
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I'll just add that these go for the Sport Earbuds as well. Even more so -- you can't change the volume while you're running? Did they not even try to have someone use these before sending them out????

HappyDam
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

You can't control volume? Wtfudge?

So, is your only volume control from the phone??

I wouldn't know because I haven't received my QC earbuds 2+ weeks after they were promised to be shipped by Bose.