Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mu
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Quietcomfort earbuds EQ & feature requests

Wow. So I'm a little shocked. I have always loved Bose, but had to buy the Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds because Bose didn't have anything comparable two months ago. 

The minute I found out Bose was releasing the Quietcomfort earbuds, I sold the Sony earbuds on Ebay and waited. Today I bought a pair and of course they are amazing. 

But no EQ??? **bleep**??? It's seriously a reason to send them back. 

I have 2 weeks before I fly away. Could someone please respond and just give a hint as to whether an EQ app is in the making? I know there have been a lot of troubles with the EQ for the Quietcomfort 700's

81 REPLIES 81
Jarod
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Re: Quietcomfort earbuds EQ & feature requests

So got the LOOONG awaited QuietComfort Earbuds. They are everything I wanted and expected from Bose, and the ANC and comfort is BANANAS! However...you CAN skip tracks, but not go to the previous track. Also, NO volume controls (only on whatever you're connected to), NO equalizer, even in the app, and NO multi connect capability. Are these capable or planned in future updates? If not, they're NOT worth the price. Yes, I think they're AMAZING, but lack severely in features. I'd like to get an answer on if these features are coming, planned, or even possible. 

Vicky_W

Hey Mu, 

Thanks for choosing Bose. 

Bose Sport Earbuds make your music sound like the performer is right there beside you, pushing you to go one more mile or do one more rep. Our patented acoustic port design and premium, high-efficiency drivers combine to deliver big sound from a small acoustic package. Our signature Volume-optimized Active EQ automatically boosts the lows and highs so that music, videos, and voices always sound balanced at any listening level. And our new StayHear™ Max tips create a tight seal with your ear canal — critical for hearing the deep low notes that add impact and emotion to your music and for blocking the ambient noise around you so you can focus on your music and your workout.

With the Bose Sport Earbuds, you can also connect to the free Bose Music app, which lets you name your earbuds, set the controls the way you like them, check your battery life, manage your Bluetooth connections, and more. It’s also how you get software updates with new features we’re working on. Be sure to download it so you don’t miss out.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Quintwilliams84
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

I think it would be amazing to have a little more control over the EQ in the Bose Music app but something I have found to work really well is to just use the EQ settings built in to your music app of Choice.

For example, Spotify and Amazon Music allow you to customize your listening experience by choosing the quality of the stream and changing the equalizer settings.  Best of luck getting that perfect sound signature you are after.

Regards

rajesh_dxb
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Hi @Wayne_M 

Could you please confirm, is there any plan to include below features as part of any upcoming Firmware  update.

1)  2 Device Connection Simultaneously.

2) Better Touch Control eg. Volume Control.. Track control.. etc..

I believe answer to this question may be deciding factor for many including me.

richharwell@hotmail.com
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

I really wanted these to be awesome, but unless the below are being addressed in an update, they are being sent back!!

1. No Volume Control.  Have to adjust volume on connected device, which is annoying... and... what if you are connected to a Fire TV device... cannot adjust volume at all!!

2. Cannot switch between BT devices without using the Bose App (it is forcing manual disconnect from other device).  

3. It does not tell you which level of Noise Cancelling you just selected when double tapping the left Bud... it's a guessing game.

Tx91791
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

The lack of volume control was reason enough for me to not buy them in the first place.

Zorro1994
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Please provide an Equalizer in music app for bose qc earbuds and also volume control mechanism.....it is the most basic every truly wireless earbuds are providing

You can then gain more users and justification for the price

Zorro1994
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

No volume control and Equalizer for the amount I am paying.... serious need of thinking

Dadas
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

I have these as well as Sennheiser Momentum TW 2, but also SoundSport Free.
I love these for comfort fit and lightness in ears. Sound is great. I don't care much for ANC, but I haven't yet had a chance to use them on a plane to see if I like it.
Controls without volume and track back are an absolute deal breaker. I use headphones while jogging and when I have a workout on on my Garmin watch (I sometimes run without a phone), I do not have access to any music controls on my watch. I would then use headphones controls (previously SoundSport Free) and they worked good because I could replay a track that just hit my mood while running. I could also adjust volume on the go. Here there is no possibility.
Case is too bulky - this is unacceptable. There's just so much waste space in this design. And to be honest wireless charging is something I can do without. If it made case smaller, I could buy an alternative case (assuming Bose fixes controls). And just 2 charges in that bulk?!
Sennheisers have amazing controls and 3 charges in a much smaller case - watch and learn Bose. Unfortunately they are not as comfortable in my ears as Bose. People praise Sennheisers for music quality - I find them comparable enough not to care (both very good).
For that reason I am thinking about keeping the Sennheisers and returning Bose at the end of my 90 day trial period.