Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Re: bose sport earbuds - volume going up and down while speaking

Hi, I am also facing the same "randomly volume going up" issue. This happens specially when I open a mail (when music is playing) or a whatsapp chat in my phone . Sometimes after taking down the earbud to speak to someone, when I put it in back, sound automatically goes super high. It seems like the app is automatically controlling device volume without any input. Since earbuds has no volume touch control, this is very scary as sudden high volume in my ears causes issues. Is this a hardware or earbuds problem? otherwise the earbuds are working fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

@Vicky_Wthanks for replying back. However, as I said its not only about notifications. Say, when I am listening to music, if I pause the music and remove the earbuds from my ears for a quick break; when I put the earbuds back in my ears, the sound goes really up to maximum level even though I was hearing at low level sound before I took them out for a break. I do not think this is a music app or iOS notification issues. I am using iOS default music player. This is also happening in my android phone with all the music players. I hope I made my point clear. Let me know if you need any further details like fw versions etc.

Thank you for getting back to us. I would like to try some troubleshooting to see if we can get this resolved for you. Let's try a manual update, a reset, deleting the headphones from your phone pairing list, and then repairing the headphones to see if this can resolve this for you. Also, does this happen with any other devices? 

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!