Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Remove Aware Mode on QC20?

Hello all!

So here's the issue: I think the "Aware Mode" feature completely defeats the purpose of NOISE CANCELLING headphones.

I don't want to hear anything other than the music I'm listening to, but Aware mode lets in outside sounds like people talking on the TV and (for example) weights being moved around in the Gym.

I know of the Button on the side of the microphone that lets you "turn off" aware mode, but that just turns off the Noise Cancellation too.

Are there any Bose products that don't have "aware mode" on them and actually stop all outside sounds? This is incredibly frustrating as I can't even find another company that I trust with Noise Cancellation as much as I trust Bose.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Remove Aware Mode on QC20?

Hello User2020,

Thanks for joining the Bose Community! 

I'd love to help you with this concern, but I'm not sure if your headphones are functioning as they should. When you disable aware mode, noise-cancelling should be enabled. Here's some information on Using Aware mode

Could you please confirm if this is not the case? It sounds as though when you disable aware mode, noise cancellation is not active.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.