Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Reset Buds from Afar

I have turned in my old Bose SoundSports (2 years old) to Best Buy as they were still under warranty, and I was having issues with the battery and left connection. I ended up turning them over for a new pair without resetting.

When I left Best Buy, I did the "Find my Earbuds" on Bose Connect, and they showed up in the store. Now, I happen to check again, and now they are literally 4 blocks away from my home. Are they now just showing where they were when last connected to the app? Does this mean they've been reset?

Is there a way for me to reset the buds from Bose Connect without having them in my possession? 

Should I be worried? Or is just disconnecting via my devices just fine? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Reset Buds from Afar

Author Accepted Answer selected by OnlyHearOnce

Disconnecting from your device should be fine.  Not too sure about the second location, but it could just be reverting to when it "thinks" you were last connected.

If Bose get them back and refurb them, they will reset them.  

If they happen to get resold (the store should reset them before this), then the new customer will likely reset them anyway.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Reset Buds from Afar

Author Accepted Answer selected by OnlyHearOnce

Disconnecting from your device should be fine.  Not too sure about the second location, but it could just be reverting to when it "thinks" you were last connected.

If Bose get them back and refurb them, they will reset them.  

If they happen to get resold (the store should reset them before this), then the new customer will likely reset them anyway.

View solution in original post