Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Revoking Tile activation in Bose sound sport wireless

Hi team, I have encountered a serious issue lately. I had registered my Bose sound sport wireless with tile and for some reason I decided to discontinue tile services and hence removed my device from tile application, however my Bose sound sport wireless still says "tile activated" during powering the device on. Due to this my earphones drain a lot of battery and affects my music playback time.requesting a soon fix for this issue 

Regards

John Rayan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Revoking Tile activation in Bose sound sport wireless

Author Accepted Answer selected by Johnrayan

Hi Johnrayan, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am deeply sorry to hear that your issue still persists. 

At this point, I would highly recommend that you reach out to Tile Support via this link here so that their team can look into this further for you as this seems to be an issue with their application. 

I am sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

Hello John, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

My initial recommendation would be to reset the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Additionally, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and check for any available firmware updates. 

Once you have done this, please get back to us and report if the issue still occurs.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Hi, thanks for your response, I would like to know how will I come to know if the headphones have been reset.

I

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Johnrayan,

Thanks for getting back in touch, that's an excellent question! Once the headphones have restarted there will not be any indication specifically, the headphones will just turn back on again; it's just like rebooting a device.

What was the outcome of the reset, did it help your issue?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Hi Zoe C, appreciate your help, I've tried resetting the earphones but the problem still persists. Tile is still being activated.

Is there any other way to factory reset the earphones?

Thanks and regards

Hello Johnrayan, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you please confirm if you have already tried to uninstall/reinstall the Bose Connect and the Tile app?

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Hi, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose connect app as well as tile app , but unfortunately the issue still persists. 

Thanks and regards

Highlighted

Hi John, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If possible, can you try to use a friend/family member's phone to pair the headphones to their device and install the Tile app to see if the headphones still appear when you're signed in to your account? I'm wondering if there's residual data stored on the phone that is causing it to stay on the list of devices. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

hi, i have tried logging in in a different phone , still the issue is not resolved. The earphones are basically removed from my tile account and its not visible no matter which device i log in to. ☹️ it still says tile activated when i power on the earphones. 

Secondly when i try to re add the earphone to tile , i get an error saying that tile cannot activated as tile on this device has already been activated.

thanks and regards

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Johnrayan

Hi Johnrayan, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am deeply sorry to hear that your issue still persists. 

At this point, I would highly recommend that you reach out to Tile Support via this link here so that their team can look into this further for you as this seems to be an issue with their application. 

I am sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post