Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Re: Unactivating tile

I'm experiencing the same issue and can't resolve it. Could you let me know how to fix this?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Re: Unactivating tile

I just sent mine back to Bose for a replacement. There is no way to fix it. It's very bad design by tile. 

Tile said I could send it to them, they have a special software to deactivate it, but they need the device there. .

So I rather decided to send it to Bose and get new ones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Re: Revoking Tile activation in Bose sound sport wireless

Tile cannot help in this case because the Bose SoundSport wireless was already removed from the Tile app and no longer visible from Tile app.

The problem is the other way which is how to tell Bose SoundSport wireless for deactivate the Tile linkage.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Hi there,

I followed these instructions to the letter and it is still telling me that the tile is actived. I have unregistered my sound sports from the tile app and followed their instructions as well. Nothing seems to work

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

It seems to be a poor implementation. I also tried everything, but there is no path of return. Neither Bose now tile could solve this. So I sent in my headphones for replacement. In a few days I'll get new ones. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Hi All,

Hope this helps someone. I also activated my Soundsport Wireless, and noticed the heavy negative impact to battery life. 

After trawling the net, I came across this thread - which didn't seem to end in an actual solution. I then searched Tile's forums and came across the below process which solved the problem for me.

Before you start:

1. Make sure the Bose are on, and connected by bluetooth to the same phone which has the Tile app running on it. This is important, because there is no effect if the two are not connected when you do this.

Follow the instructions for: "How do I factory reset my headphones?", noting that this is a bit of a misleading title - you're not actually factory resetting your headphones, you are simply deregistering them from Tile.

https://tileteam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037001854-Disconnect-Bose-or-Skullcandy-headphones...

Hope that helps someone.

Mark.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

Thank you! That worked.