Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

Re: Revoking Tile activation in Bose sound sport wireless

Thanks guys for your time and support I will contact tile customer care and escalate the issue to them. 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Re: Revoking Tile activation in Bose sound sport wireless

Hi

I was wondering wether tile solved the problem. I've been having the exact same thing and couldn't find any solution, neither through Bose support nor via tile support, so any advice you might have will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Unactivating tile

Hello

I activated tile on my soundsports wireless, but it was using up my battery so I tried to reset it. However, even though it was removed from the app, I still get the message that tile is activated and the battery is draining. All my attempts using the tile support proved useless, and they referred me to Bose. Is there a way to reset the earphones to the manufacturer situation (I've tried what's in the help file, didn't work)

Highlighted

Re: Unactivating tile

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry that you are having some trouble disconnecting your Tile from the headphones. If you have tried all of the steps in this thread, I would recommend speaking with Tile again and seeing if they can speak with their development team. 

@Johnrayan, did you have any success with the Tile team? We would love to hear the outcome! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Indeed I have tried all of those options, and had very long and detailed exchange with the people of tile, that at the bottom line sent me back to Bose... I believe both firms should get together and work on some kind of an update that will restore the earphones back to factory settings. Until then it's a catch 22 where both firms pass the buck back and forth

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I have exactly the same issue with my headphones. All the time it's still saying "tile activated" which is very annoying. And in the tile app I can't even reactivate it anymore, as it shows the error, that it has been activated already. Also trying with Tile support, but no success. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Tile support tells me know that I permanently deactivated the tile and so it can't be added anymore on there app. Even though I didn't do the permanent reset (while headphones not in reach) I did the normal reset while the headphones were in reach, which according to their website means that they can be reactivated later. https://tileteam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037001854?input_string=deactivate+tile+on+bose+sou...

However that doesn't work and also the voice command on the headphones "tile activated" is said every time I turn on the headphones, which is very annoying. Also the tile seems to be activated, which uses my battery, but I can't even use the feature. This is very frustrating.

In the end they pointed me back again to the Bose support (you here) as they can't do anything anymroe in this state of the headphones.

So what can I do to fix this? Can I send the headphones back and get some new ones? Because this is redicolous that you release a feature together with tile that that can't be deacteived and leaves a high quality Bose product in this state of no return. Please advise.

Highlighted

Hey Samslein, 

I'm sorry this has been such a pain for you!  As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

*Please note due to the current situation, replies may take longer than normal. We are working through messages as quickly as possible. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Thank you, I already reached out to the support and they offered a return under warranty.

The only problem is now, that the shipping center in Europe is closed for 2 weeks because of the corona virus, which is of course understandable. So I'll just have to wait until they are back operation. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Please relist the customer support link.  It is a dead link - I am struggling with the same Tile issue.  Bose should really stop promoting this option.