dpbreiten
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Right Ear Bud will not play music

The Right Ear Bud on my Quiet Comfort Ear Buds plays the sound when you put it in.  It cancels noise.  It stops the music when you pull it out, but it does not play music.  

I tried the tech support tips, no luck.  I called tech support after 25 minutes on hold her VOIP connection died before we could fix my problem.  

13 REPLIES 13
Jessie_O

Re: Right Ear Bud will not play music

Hey @dpbreiten

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and will be more than happy to assist you in any way that I can. 

Can you tell me any troubleshooting steps you have tried already? This way I don't recommend something you have already tried. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
dpbreiten
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

So far I have downloaded and redownload the software.  

I have paired, unpaired and repaired the headphones. 

I have shut off all of the bluetooth devices and re-activated them again

I have turned off the sound detection 

The right ear plays the welcome sound.  IT blocks sound, it just doesn't play music

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this dpbreiten. 

Let's start by ensuring that the earbuds are running the latest software by connecting them to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Once updated let's perform a reset on the earbuds by following these steps below: 

• Place the earbuds in the charging case. Make sure the case is plugged in and charging
  • Close the charging case lid, wait 5 seconds, and then open the lid
  • Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 30 seconds and then release it. The earbuds's LEDs begin blinking, turn solid white, and then begin blinking blue. The product is now in pairing mode and the earbuds' device list is cleared
  • Reconnect the product to your device. 

Can you please also let us know if this issue happens with all devices or just one in particular? 

We look forward to your reply! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
dpbreiten
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Same problem.  Great sound in the left ear.  The right ear tells me the battery is 100%. It tells me it's paired with iPhone but it doesn't play music.  It won't make a call either. It does cancel noise though

bryandoakwalker@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

I have been having the same issue, but my right ear bud works fine and the left earbud is dead, except to tell me bettery %, etc. Hoping to see a resolution.

BW

Jeff_G

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. This clearly isn't normal behavior. If you're in the USA I recommend visiting this page to seek an exchange without the need for going through the call center. 

Thanks. 

j.blanco9
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Could you please let me know if you fix it? I have the same issue.

dpbreiten
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Sadly no.  I'm going to have to ask for an RMA but I lost the packaging, so I don't know how to get my serial number. 

Keith_L

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

@j.blanco9, have you tried the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread already? If you have and are still having this issue I would recommend using the link posted by @Jeff_G above to get this resolved!

@dpbreiten, if you need to find the serial number, there are a number of ways you can do this. The easiest is to use the Technical Info page on the Bose Music app. Simply connect your earbuds in the app, and navigate to settings > technical info and the serial number will be listed here! If you are unable to access this in the app, then you can find a shorter version on the earbuds themselves, it will be under the ear tip as shown in the picture below.

sport_date_code.jpg

I hope this helps!