Right ear stopped working QC25

SOLVED
Quiet Contributor

Re: Right ear stopped working QC25

Hi,

I have the same problem (right side not working), I know it is a loose connection because it works when I press on it intermittently.

I took it to the Bose Service Center for repair in Dubai. They said they do not repair but only provide a 25% discount voucher for the next purchase, which still amounts to spending more than USD 275 for the same model!

There has to be some way to repair it? my headphones are about 2 years old at max! 

Please help! I travel a lot and these are essential on the long haul flights!

Varun

Quiet Contributor

Same problem here. Right side stopped working... Very disappointing for headphones costing USD 300. Also when I visited local store they suggested buy new one... I am totally disappointed choosing Bose and strictly recommend not to to buy Bose products

Hi ,

I just wanted to jump in here and thank you for taking the time to post. We are very sorry for all the trouble you have experienced with your headphones. We understand its frustrating when a product stops working properly.  Even beyond the warranty period, we try to provide service options that would involve a replacement at a discounted rate. For the available options for your situation, we would recommend contacting your local support team. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G 

Quiet Contributor

Warranty is for random issues.

This warrants a product recall.

Deplorable from Bose.
Quiet Contributor

I called the support center for Sweden last friday, the guy was very cordial and friendly, but the only offer was a replacement pair for 1600 SEK (around 188 USD). Honestly, given how prevalent and persistent the problem is, I'd expected Bose to take a better poisition. The only reason my dad and our family always bought bose was when his old QC3 cord broke, he got it replaced in an airport in Australia for free. Honestly, I don't expect that kind of serice in today's world anymore, but the QC 25 situation is an outright farce. Consumers will upgrade their equipment when there's new innovation, you can't force people to upgrade by building planned obsolence one year longer than warranty. You will just destroy your customer base. Extremely frsutrated right now as I'm packing for tmr's flight without headphones. Heard mostly good reviews of XM3, maybe I'll check it out if I have time tmr. 

Quiet Contributor

I am in the same position, with my headphones failing and Bose phone support refusing to replace the product.

The link referenced multiple times in this thread doesn’t seem to work anymore.

I purchased the products in Australia and am about to launch a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs Victoria.

Quiet Contributor

Well a few rounds of back and forth and taking the headphones to the service centre in Dubai -

Bose offered 25% off on my next purchase of the same headphone or 10% of the latest model.

With Dubai retail prices at 25% off a QC25 is USD 280! So not much of an option at all.

Repairing the headphones is not an option.

Anyway I ended up buying a new pair of headphones - hope they last! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Only ends upp here when clicking link??

-------------------

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

---------------------

I have the same problem with my right ear.

Quiet Contributor

I'm having the same issue and when I click the link it says I do not have sufficient privileges to view the resource... was there an updated article to address this issue and if so, could I have the new link?

Quiet Contributor

I'm having the same problem and when I click the link* it says the content was removed... Is there an updated solution to this? Thank you!

*https://community.bose.com/t5/Removed-Content/QC25-Right-Ear-Stopped-Working/m-p/38600#M203