Highlighted

Re: Right ear stopped working QC25

Hi @Rndhir,

I would recommend getting in contact with German support for assistance directly, rather than going through a third party. They will be able to assist you. Details can be found here. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Hi @Jeff_G and @randhir I had the same issue and it was VERY frustrating as I baby my Bose and rarely use.  Reached out to Bose Support and they were kind enough (sarcasm) to offer me a refurbished pair for $135.00.  I went to YouTube and found several videos on how to correct.  10 minutes later, I now have sound and noise cancellation in my right ear and have saved $135.00.  I recommend a DIY before sending to repair.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

I too am facing the same problem
The left ear piece and mic is working fine but no sound on the right ear piece.

After reading the replies looks like there has been manufacturing defects in the product.

Is there a solution for this -
I have been a Bose user since 2004, have never faced any issues in its ear phones, speakers. This was the first time I purchased a Bose headset and it has issues.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Same problem: No sound on right cup, shaking head or whatever sometimes makes it work again for a while, there are crackling noises, etc. 

Sadly I found out it's a very common problem. Basic searching lead me to countless blog posts,  YouTube videos, etc. It's easy to find videos showing where the problem is (and the awful "post-it" hack).

There's even videos showing how to replace the broken speaker. And on sites like eBay and Amazon you can find sellers making a profit by selling the speakers. They even provide instructions on how to replace the right speaker. And one can easily conclude that there's hardly ANY mention of a problem in the left speaker. So, in my opinion it is impossible to not see this situation as a design flaw.  Both speakers left and right are the same vendor/model, but only the right one stops working after a few years.

I am inclined to buy the replacement speaker for QC25 on eBay or Amazon and try to fix it mysef and I would like to hear from other people that did it.

EDIT: A few weeks later, my QC35 got the unable-to-power-off bug. It's a curse 😞 I talked with Customer Service, they were very helpful.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi all,

I am experiencing the same issue (left hear suddenly not working on my QC 25 (apple version)).  This happened suddenly after 2.5 years (just a few months after expiry of guarantee…) while my use of the headphone has limited mostly to my long travel.  After contacting the HK support, the only proposal was to pay HKD 2170 for a QC 35 II, so basically spending 70% of the price I paid just 2.5 years ago...

It is quite disappointing as I was quite satisfied by the quality of the product but seeing that it cannot last more 2.5 years despite limited usage is fairly disappointing after a material investment in the first place.  If the solution is to pay every two years more or less the same price clearly that is not worth it and I would suggest alternative brand to invest in if the durability is not guaranteed with Bose.

It is all the more disappointing that no better solution is provided given, in light of the length of this topic, this is a recurrent issue on the QC 25 and Bose does not seem to be addressing the issue with its customer (only offering a minor discount on a newer model rather than recognizing the defect on this specific model and taking proper action to regain customer trust). 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Hi,

I'm (too) facing the same problem. I bought my QC25 headphone in Austria (during a travel) 4 years ago for 300 EUR.

Since I'm living in Israel, I've contaced the local dealer (Newpan, Ltd). They explained that this model is no longer supported, also, the 1 year warranty has passed, so there is nothing to do with these headphone!!!

(not even a discount was offered in buying new model....)

I'll be happy to get official response from Bose, if this is the level of support we should expect for such expensive product? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

My QC15s failed after 5 years faultless service (used in the gym 5 times a week). Bose offered to replace with new QC25s for £135 which I paid, but after using them twice  the left side started to cut out. It seems to be the socket in the earpiece that is at fault, because when I moved the jack slightly in the socket the sound would return.

In my view the tiny jack and socket used in the QC25 is far less robust and secure than the 6.3mm flush jack and socket used on the QC15. This is without doubt a basic design fault and Bose are being disingenuous by not acknowledging it.

In the meantime the 1 week old QC25s have been returned and a replacement is on its way. Well see how long the new set last.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Bose says I don’t have sufficient permission to access that page. 😡

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

My bose QC 25 right ear stopped working!

surprisingly a friend of mine and my cousin same speakers’ ( qc 25 ) righ ear has failed.

we need a quick action for this quality issue!

I guess I cant recommend bose speakers anymore....

Highlighted

Hello MinaHannalla, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. If you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!