dimpallas
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Right earbund delays connecting

Hi there.

I have a pair of sport earbunds that i purchased on November '20. At first it was operating normally, but since last month there's a problem. 

After putting the earbunds on, the left one connects normally. The right one most of the time delays  connecting or doesn't connect at all.

Also, not often, the device connects only for sound, not for managing calls.

I checked for a afirmware update but the device is up to date.

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Re: Right earbund delays connecting

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is very bizarre, due to the technical nature of these headphones and the way Bluetooth data is processed, Bluetooth audio data is first sent to the right earbud and then relayed to the left earbud after processing. Because of this, the right earbud needs to initiate a connection in order for the left earbud to connect. 

Can you double check for us and confirm it is in fact the right earbud which appears to drop out? Because if this is the case the left earbud should also be loosing connection also. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
dimpallas
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Yes, it's the right one that doesn't connect at the first place. 

Most of the time, after putting the earbunds on i don't hear the "welcome" message, that i'm supposed to hear from the right earbund. Then i push play on Tidal app, music starts playing, i listen to it from the left earbund. After about 15 seconds suddenly the "welcome" message pops on and the right earbund joins. Sometimes it just doesn't connect at all. 

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this for us, this is very bizarre!

What device are you using with your Sport Earbuds? Have you used your earbuds with a different device? This way we can see if this is isolated.

It is worth clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on the headphones. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared." Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device. Following this be sure to clear/delete the Bluetooth pairing on your phone, and then pair the devices together again using the general Bluetooth settings of your phone. I'd suggest in this test not using any apps such as the Bose Music app, making sure that if you see two options, like "NAME" and "LE-NAME", to select the one without the "LE-" so that it is the right earbud you are directly connecting to.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
dimpallas
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

I tried what you suggested me to do.

I pushed the bluetooth button for about 20 seconds, still without hearing the message you mentioned.

Anyway, i connected the earbunds to another phone, with no bose app installed as you suggested, but nothing changed. Still the left earbund connects normally, i can listen to the music. However, the right earbund either connects after about 20 seconds or doesn't connect at all.

It's a shame that a product with such a brand name fails to operate.

Jessie_O

Thanks for giving this a go. 

At this point you have tried all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend for these issues and I would recommend reaching out to our local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will be more than happy to help. 

If this is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
dimpallas
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

No, i don't think so.

Thank you.