Rubber Cover on QuietControl 30

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Rubber Cover on QuietControl 30

On my 3rd set of QC30 after having the green light staying on issue on two previous. 

3rd set rubber cover in less than two weeks basically falling off of the headphones. Note the picture and the separation (one furthest from hand is worse)

once again, I am stunned by the absolutely lack of quality on the build. Not sure who you are using for your builds but they need to go. Between the absolutely unusable sound quality on phone calls, the frequent disconnect and reconnection from devices, the loss of blue tooth signal when I turn my head with device a foot from me and now this, I once again wonder if I am the dumb one for continuing to make an exchange for a new set. 

IMG_1981.JPG

44 REPLIES

Re: Rubber Cover on QuietControl 30

Hi dcfargo,

Thank you for reaching out with your concern.  We have heard this from some of our customers and the QC30s are currently being field tested by our engineers. We take our customer's satisfaction very seriously and we apologize for the issues that you have had.  

We hope that this helped and please reach out anytime with questions, comments, or concerns.

Thanks again,

Shiloh_C

Friendly Fanatic

Note: field testing is suppose to happen prior to rushing a sub par product to market. We don't need any more field testing than what the people that have invested 300 are already doing doe you.

a) the sound quality on calls is horrible

b) the rubber around the next piece separates from the headphones. 

C) the hardware and or software fails leading to a headset that can not be turned off and becomes bricked. 

On my 3rd pair and have had a) each time b) twice c) third set after only 2 weeks.

disapointed in Bose. Have had 4 pairs of wired qc20 with great succes. I had hoped these would be a step up.

Audible Advocate

I have been buying Bose Speakers and headphones for 25 years and never had a quality problem until I purchased the QC30 this past December. The rubber cover has stretched and coming off the collar controls. The sound is great but I want to find out how to repair or replace my QC30s rubber cover. It is to the point that I cannot use them.

Friendly Fanatic

Yes. Now I have noticed that the rubber is separating from the bottom of the ear piece. Again, Bose has completely failed with this product which I agree is a first for Bose. What is irritating is that they are fully aware and refuse to solve the problem by replacing with no questions asked. Luckily for me, I have the Best Buy rchance placement back for two year. I am on my third pair as I can simply bring them back. I will continue to do this and continue to challenge bose on here and across the internet for the sake of other buyers who not have that protection. These have issues across the board from build, hardware going bad, software upgrades and call microphone. The sound and noise cancelling works but these go bad often within a month or two. 

Silent Starter

I have exactly the same issue. I just sent Bose an email about it. It is supposed to still be under warranty no?. 

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for reaching out, let me know how it goes with support.  To answer your question, standard warranty periods are 1 year in the US and 2 years in Europe.  

I hope you have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

Audible Advocate

I have this problem also. Can I return them for repair or replacement. They are still under warranty. 

Hi,

Thanks for posting. So sorry to hear about the condition of your QC30's. For something like what you are describing, I would recommend contacting your local Bose support. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Please come back and update us 

Tony

Audible Advocate

I was given these head phones as a gift last year. I enjoyed the sound quality and my battery life seemed to work well.  Unfortunately I had the same issue with the wind noise, and the rubber completely falling apart to the point I couldnt turn them on anymore.  I called Bose customer support and they were awesome! Currently in the process of having them replaced for free (still under warranty).  But my question is, have they found a way to resolve these issues?  The wind noise I'm sure can be resolved with a software update, but the physical headset falling apart needs to be addressed.  My warranty starts over as soon as they replace them, so I will have another year if they fall apart again, but I'd rather them not.  Anyone have an answer on whether they resolved the rubber coming apart yet? Thank you!