Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Rubber pealing off my QC30 - help!

I’ve noticed a few posts on this subject and I think repeat posts are appropriate to let Bose know how much of a problem this is. My headphones are out of warranty so I’m SOL getting them fixed, but I don’t spend this much on a pair of headphones and expect them to last a little over two years so am not about to trash them. I’ve tried various glues but the silicone/rubber compound seems like Teflon when it comes to sticking it to things. If anyone has any ideas as to how this could be fixed, I’d appreciate it. The silicone/rubber has also become stretched and baggy. Not great long term durability. And I’ve been extremely careful with them, always keeping them in the zip box. Pretty disappointing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Rubber pealing off my QC30 - help!

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi highlyhopped16, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am so sorry to hear that you are also having this issue and would highly recommend that you reach out to Customer Support in your region so that they can look into this further for you. Please follow the link above > Select your region > Click the Contact Us page and then give the team a call. 

Please let us know if you have any issues with this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello @Dorsler and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the decay that has occurred to your product, and that you're unhappy with the longevity of the product.

This is not the normal usage of the headset, and I can understand the frustration that this would cause.

If you ever find that your product is becoming loose or otherwise damaged affecting the functionality of your product, we are always happy to look into this and see what can be done!

We have sent you a DM following up on this, so please reply to that when you can.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

The link I was sent takes me to a page in French (as I’m in Canada). When I change the language on the UPS page, it loses all context and I can’t therefore retrieve the shipping address/label. I called to discuss and was told I would be sent the address via e-mail. That was a week ago now and I still have nothing. So despite an absolutely awesome initial experience, this is a little disappointing. But it’s not the end of the world!

Highlighted

Hi Dorsler, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us again today! I am sorry to hear that the team is yet to reach back out to you regarding this! 

In the Web address if you change the FR_US to EN_US this should correct this for you and allow you to use the label. Please let me know if you have any issues with this. 

If you're still experiencing issues with the shipping label, please reach out to our support within Canda directly on 1-800-869-2114, who will be happy to resolve this for you.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

I am having the same problem, but unsure on what the purchase date was. 

Bose, please also forward me possible solutions to remedy this. 

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi highlyhopped16, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am so sorry to hear that you are also having this issue and would highly recommend that you reach out to Customer Support in your region so that they can look into this further for you. Please follow the link above > Select your region > Click the Contact Us page and then give the team a call. 

Please let us know if you have any issues with this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

But that’s the problem, Hector B; we *have* been speaking to customer support about it. I called and spoke to people about this and they told me they would send me the return address, and that (strangely) that would take up to 48 hours. Here I am more than a week later, none the wiser. It does feel a little frustrating. All I need is an address. I appreciate that the ticket number etc may well need to be coded into a bar or Q square on the shipping label, but I could always just write that on it, old fashioned!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Dorsler,

Thanks for getting in touch, I apologize that you haven't had a response from the customer care team and I understand your frustration. Regrettably, we cannot check any records or facilitate an exchange over this platform, I would recommend you either call the customer care team again or you can reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else then please get in touch!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Like most people, I’m pretty busy so like to just get things fixed, tick them off the list and move on. In that regard, the fix I worked out was to *not* change the language on the French website to which the link takes me, but to get Google to translate. That way the website doesn’t reset and lose all of the information. Yes, it’s a workaround hack, but it got the job done and now my headphones are in the mail.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Dorsler,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am pleased to hear that you have been able to send your headphones out to the service center. 

Should you have any other questions please get in touch, have a lovely day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C