Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergio69
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Re: SoundSport Wireless battery drain

Hello,

I had the same issue a few months back and contacted customer service.

Bottom line: they replaced the earphones (they were still under warranty).

One thing that support told me to absolutely avoid is to recharge the earphones using a power adapter. The only way in which the Soundsports  should be recharged is via the included USB cable connected to a PC.

Since I received the replacement earphones I always recharged them that way and the battery drain issue has gone (I've now used them for the same amount of time since purchase of the first earphone instance before the issue manifested).

Unfortunately I can't tell if what worked for me was the replacement of a defective item or

adopting the recommended way of recharging.

My two cents.

S.

Daniel77
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, one question... which headphones do you have, the Soundport and or the Soundsport Free (the wireless) ones?

Cause i want to know if your solution is for both versions... as i think you are answering only for the Soundsport version, the one you had the problem...

Thanks again.

sergio69
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

I have the Soundsport Wireless

jacobe.holmes23
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

More of the same, but my left earbud will only hold a charge for around five minutes. The right bud is okay, though.  My issue is that the warranty has expired, yet this seems to be a widespread, common defect inherent in this model.  Is there any assistance to be offered?

Daniel77
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Ok great, so is my actual problem...

so i will do what you were told, to charge them with usb connected to computer... so you connect the battery charger to computer with esrphones inside? Thats the way to avoid battery drain?

sorry that was last question 🙂

karimk
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Same issue here, left lasts about 30-45 min, right is ok. Frustrating.

Chelly
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Re: Soundsport Wireless Battery Problem?

How do i load 1.3.4 firmware

Vicky_W

Hey Chelly, 

Welcome to the forums. 

1.3.4 firmware is no longer available as we are now on firmware version 3.0.4 and it is not possible to downgrade firmware. If you would like to upgrade the firmware on your headphones you can do so at http://btu.bose.com. 

I hope this helps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
soundnerd
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Bose official shop in dubai

rettas@shaw.ca
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Re: SOundsport wireless headphones battery drain

I have also had the same problem and tried all the recommended fixes.  Contacted Bose and they said I could purchase a new pair for $159 CAD.  WHAT?!!  For that money, I could buy a new pair of a different brand with a better track record and battery life.  I used to think Bose was a great brand and loved my Soundsports when they worked, but now they're at a 26-25 minute play time.  Terrible.  Frustrated!