Highlighted
Brian K
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

SOundsport wireless headphones battery drain

I have a pair of the soundsport wireless headphones just over two years old. They will no longer charge to 100% or hold a charge very long. Are they trash or can something be done to correct this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SOundsport wireless headphones battery drain

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian K

Hi Brian K,

Thanks for posting. I would suggest contacting your local support team for help if updating wasn't effective. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down to "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Had this problem a year or so ago with mine.  I updated the firmware and the problem/issue disappeared.

Highlighted
Brian K
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Thanks, unfortunately tried that yesterday and no luck. Charged this morning to 90%, about 2 hours later was at 30%

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian K

Hi Brian K,

Thanks for posting. I would suggest contacting your local support team for help if updating wasn't effective. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down to "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Uttyp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

I have exactly the same problem, i bought my headphones in Nov 2017.  It looks like the battery in soundsport headphones only has a lifespan of less than 2 years!!!!  Please advise what you mean by conatct local support team, when i follow your link all i get is FAQ's which are not helpful.  Am i missing something? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Uttyp,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with the battery for your SoundSport Wireless headphones. I'd love to suggest some troubleshooting steps for your to take to try and resolve this issue. Firstly, perform a product reset on your headphones. This can be done by:

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Following this check for any apply any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done either via the Bose Connect app on a mobile phone/tablet, or alternatively via a computer using a USB to Micro-USB charging cable, and the firmware update website HERE.

The SoundSport Wireless headphones are powered by a Lithium-Ion battery, which has a natural lifespan as all batteries do. Should the issue persist I encourage you to reach out to local support within your region as noted above to explore service options for your headphones. This can be done via our Global website HERE, select your location and use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Shelley919
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

This is becoming a joke with pages and pages of threads like this on this forum and all over the internet. I have the same problem, tried every possible solution I've been given here, including firmware/software updates. Mine are only a year old and even just now, they were completely dead, I plugged them in for maybe 2 minutes and turned them on and it says the battery is 100% when clearly it is not. Bose needs to fix this or start replacing everyone's earbuds. I should have just stuck with the $20 earbuds I got on Groupon, never had an issue with them.
Highlighted
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

@Shelley919 Have you tried the troubleshooting steps given above and have you tried contacting Bose Support through the link above? If not why not? If your earphones have a battery problem then they need to be repaired and that can only be done by having them serviced. 

Highlighted
uvem
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I am having the same problem mines are 1.5 years old, has anyone gotten their pair replaced by a new pair, if so, what was the outcome?

@Brian K wrote:

I have a pair of the soundsport wireless headphones just over two years old. They will no longer charge to 100% or hold a charge very long. Are they trash or can something be done to correct this?

Highlighted
uvem
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I contacted my local the local support tream in Mexico, I was told that my pair was going to be replaced by a new pair. I asked them what was going wrong and they told me batch of their production had this problem.

They will ask you for the serial number.

Still need to see if the new pair works with no problems. I haven't gotten shipped yet.