Dennis2207
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Sleep buds not working

So I have pair of the sleep buds, I have reset the case, I have done the update of the case, and still every night the left ear bud stops working at some point.  The phone is less than 4 feet from me in bed.  Nothing else is being used, and still it just stops working.  I never leave the bed.  Please help me.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Sleep buds not working

Hi there @Dennis2207 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your Noise-Masking Sleepbuds and would be happy to look into this for you.

Firstly, thank you for already trying the case reset and updates here, as these would have been my first suggestions 😊.  Following those, there are a couple of other things I would advise!

1) Use the Sleepbuds in Phone-Free mode for a night. In Phone-Free Mode, your pre-selected sleep sound will play as soon as the Sleepbuds are removed from the charging case, no app required. To do this, connect these to your mobile device, select "Settings" in the top-right, then under "Options" select "Phone-Free mode". Read the prompts and adjust the options as to your preference. (A prompt to disable phone-free mode will be on the main screen when you have this enabled.) Please then use this and see if this disconnects as it had before!

2) If phone-free mode does not resolve this, please take the buds out of the case and let these run completely flat. When both buds are completely flat, please charge these back up to full from the charging case, and use these again either with phone-free mode enabled or disabled based on your preference.

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Dennis2207
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

So I used them last night in phone free mode, and they worked all night.  Neither one of them ever lost sound. 

Highlighted
Dennis2207
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

So I have tried this a few times, and it worked twice, but on at least 3 other occasions it did not.  Also when trying to recharge the headphones, with the charging case having a charge in it, the left bud would not charge and give the charging case an error message.

Highlighted

Hello Dennis2207,

I see thank you for confirming that for us. 

I am so sorry you are still having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.