Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Solid blue light and left bud will not work

I dropped my left bud. It quit working. I then put it back in charging case, then it started working again. The next day the left bud has a solid blue light on it and it will not operate. Tried putting it back in charging case but it still will not work.  Any ideas??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Solid blue light and left bud will not work

Hello,

Sorry that you are having this experience with your SoundSport Free headphones. 

The blue LED would indicate that your headphones are ready to connect. However this is commonly blinking opposed to a solid light. 

Does there appear to be any damage on the left earbud?

Have you tried connecting to alternate devices?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

I have not tried connecting with other device. Now the light is blinking like it is trying to connect but can't. I cannot see any damage to left bud. Do you think I need to send it in to be looked at? Or is that even a possibility. Thank You for responding to my problem.

Highlighted

We still have a few more steps we can try! Please could you also try the following: 

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  • Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  • Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 
  • Try connecting to an alternative device. 

If these steps do not work, you will need to look into a repair. You can do this by selecting your region here. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!