Sound Sport Pulse Apple Health App

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Sound Sport Pulse Apple Health App

I am on my 2nd pair of the Sound Sport Pulse ear buds and I've experienced the following issue with both sets of earphones. The HR-Bose SS pulse does not connect with the Apple Health app (i.e., show the hear rate) unless I power the phone off and on again, then immediately power on the ear buds. I am currently using and iPhone 7 with IOS 12.2.2 but I have experienced this issue with earlier IOS versions on the same iPhone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

5 REPLIES

Re: Sound Sport Pulse Apple Health App

Hey BTL1972,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. Sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. Can you please verify that this process is followed?: SoundSport Pulse - Apple Health

Try also removing the headphones from your phone first, and clear the pairing list from the headphones (press and hold the power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds). 

Let us know when you get a chance!

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I've tried these steps in the past without sucess, with either pair of the Bose Sport Pulse.  I've also tried restoring my phone, that didn't work either. The only I can get the heart rate to appear in the Apple Health App is to power the phone off/on and connect the HR-BSP immediately. 

Hello BTL1972, 

I am sorry to hear you are still having difficulty. I am not sure why your SoundSport Pulse headphones aren't connecting to the Health App. I have used them myself with an iPhone 8 and current iOS software. It would be extremely unusual for you to have gotten two pairs of headphones that don't work correctly, so it's likely to be something else. My best advice here is to make sure the headphone firmware is current and then refresh the Bluetooth connection. You can most easily update using the USB charging cable and your PC. Navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. Then refresh the Bluetooth connection with the following steps:

1. Power off your headset
  2. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  3. "Forget" the headphones from your phones Bluetooth list.
  4. Pair and test for function

Let me know if this helps!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Thank you for the feedback.

Yesterday, I followed steps 1-4 and the HR-BSSP connected with the Apple Health app. It actually worked flawlessly all day long. This morning however, the two programs were no longer speaking to each other, yet again. I followed steps 1-4, again, and now they are communication once more. Is it by design, that the user has to follow steps 1-4 every time to sync the Bose to the Apple Health app? 

Hello BTL1972,

I'm glad to hear that you are having more success. If the headphones are connected, your health app should be receiving data. Two thoughts here. First, make sure that your headphones are properly fitted. The sensor must be in contact with your skin to collect information. Check to see if one of the other eartips provides a tighter fit. This video may help you get them positioned properly. It's for the QC20's but they use the same eartip. Second, if you lose connection to the Health app try turning the headphones off, then back on rather than clearing the pairing lists, which is certainly tedious.

I hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg