Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Sound Sport Wireless headphone won't hold a charge

Hi, I have a set of the sound sport wireless headphones, that are less than a year old. When i charge them they immediately drop to 20% charge and then dies rapidly from there. Please help, I use these work work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sound Sport Wireless headphone won't hold a charge

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello AndyCoh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This is certainly unusual behavior of the SoundSport Wireless and I can only apologize that you are experiencing this.

I will do my best to provide the appropriate support for you.

By any chance, do you have another cable that you could try and charge your headphones with?

I would like you to perform a reset. There may be some occasional processing errors. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Should this not help the battery life, my best recommendation would be to contact your local Customer Service team to explore service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello AndyCoh,

This is certainly unusual behavior of the SoundSport Wireless and I can only apologize that you are experiencing this.

I will do my best to provide the appropriate support for you.

By any chance, do you have another cable that you could try and charge your headphones with?

I would like you to perform a reset. There may be some occasional processing errors. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Should this not help the battery life, my best recommendation would be to contact your local Customer Service team to explore service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I am also facing the same issue. I have tried all suggested options but none of them worked. I have it for last 2 years and this problem had started immediately after 1 year. Right now I have stopped using it as its is extremely irritating. I also have other Bose products, I had a very high opinion about Bose but I think these days they are not even trying to keep their rank among others. 

I will appreciate if Bose support team can contact me to resolve this matter.

Highlighted

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this charging issue with your SoundSport wireless headphones.

In addition to the steps mentioned above, I'd also recommend visiting the Bose Updater on your computer and ensuring the latest firmware version is installed.

The Bose Community platform is essentially for troubleshooting only and if you still experience the issue, please contact your local customer service team to explore your service options.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

I am having the same issue at just 1 year. 
i charge, light is green, app says 100% on my iphone Bose connect app and I use them for maybe 45min and poof, dead.

I LOVED these when I bought them. We have several Bose products and have always been pleased with customer care. i have tried the troubleshooting so I guess I need to find out where to go in Honolulu, Hi. I want them repaired please!  😞

I am just writing this reply because clearly there IS an issue which Bose needs to correct.

thank you

Highlighted

Hey Aloha3, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are having some issues with your headphones, we appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far. 

As you are located in Hawaii, I would recommend that you reach out to our Bose USA customer support team via this link here, as we don't have a direct contact point for your region. 

If you have any issues contacting the team please do let us know. 

Warm regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

I have tried the reset and upgraded the firmware and my headphones still don't hold a charge.  I love my headphones and use them for workouts, planes, ect and I tell everyone who will listen that these are the best headphones to use.  One of the main reasons I love yours so much is I can wear them for hours and they don't hurt my ears which are sensitive.  Are there any other suggestions?  I really don't have an extra $100 lying around at this time.  Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Having the same issue----Obviously there is a problem with some of these buds and Bose needs to trouble shoot it and fix it.  I'm very close to ditching them and going with another brand---Hate to do it because I've been a Bose fan for many years.   By the way, anyone successfully solve this problem?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

I also am having this issue, and the product is brand new. It doesn't hold a charge at all. I have tried all suggested fixes in this community. Really disappointed in this product.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2017

On a positive note--I'm getting my second pair of replacement buds for free from Bose. The produce is horrendous but the service is top notch.  Only problem is now I have to go without buds until they receive the ones I shipped back to them.  This is probably my last dance with Bose--although their customer service is top notch.  Give them a call.