Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Sound Sport free - left earbud not working on phone calls

I just got my SoundsSport free earbuds . Just wanted to share also that I am very disapinted with Bose, I've always liked Bose products so I was so exited about this one. But left earbud not working on phone calls , really sucks .  I'm thinking of returning it because of this issue . 

I also paired it with my lapop , and again the left earbud didn't work .  

Next 2 are just suggestions : 

1- Case is too big 

2-Increase Bass Power

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Sound Sport free - left earbud not working on phone calls

Its in the owners manual. During phone calls only the right ear bud has audio. 

Highlighted

Hello Alexspn,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community. We thoroughly appreciate your feedback regarding the SoundSport Free headphones, I am very sorry that these provided some disappointment. 

Due to the technical nature of these headphones and the way Bluetooth data is processed (Bluetooth audio data is first sent to the right earbud and then relayed to the left earbud after processing), audio for phone calls is restricted to the right earbud only. Introducing left and right audio during calls would induce a clear audio delay between you and the call recipient. As such, due to hardware restrictions, we are unable to offer audio to the left speaker independently, nor audio to both left and right channels during a phone call.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

I agree with the original post. I had these and had to take them back. Why would you read the users manual prior to purchasing an item? I have not heard of ever doing that before. Besides, Bose really surprises me with producting a really nice item like these Soundsports, but I have had my eardrums rupture a few years ago, several ear infections, tubes in my ears as a child and lots of scaring. With all of that, I am unable to listen to calls or music solely, as it is too painful! I can only use my left ear for phone calls and if I'm going to listen to music, it would be with both ears or just my left. Companies, not just Bose, need to take disabilites like this into consideration.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I just got them and I verY disappointed. This a top end expensive product that has such a silly limitation!!! Very disappointed of Bose. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

I just got my sound sport for my birthday and I am disappointed..so is this the case for the other wireless and wired head phones ..???? Why Bose why ??

Highlighted

Hi Cranky, 

This only applies to the SoundSport Free headphones. As Tegan_M said: 

Due to the technical nature of these headphones and the way Bluetooth data is processed (Bluetooth audio data is first sent to the right earbud and then relayed to the left earbud after processing), audio for phone calls is restricted to the right earbud only. Introducing left and right audio during calls would induce a clear audio delay between you and the call recipient. As such, due to hardware restrictions, we are unable to offer audio to the left speaker independently, nor audio to both left and right channels during a phone call.

Our other headphones play call audio in both sides. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!