Highlighted
ArnieMiller
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Sound Sport free won't charge in case unless it's plugged in.

Brand new, out of the box.  Charged case and buds fully.  All lights on front of case lit solid, buds inside case lights on solid.  Removed and listened to them for a while, did great, everything sounds perfect.  Time for a recharge.  Case is now unplugged.  Pushed button on front of case, NO lights lit up in any way.  Placed buds in case, charging lights do nothing, remain dark, but leds on buds came on, white solid, for a few seconds and went off.  NO charging, left them in the case for an hour or so, they were at a less charge then when I put them in.  Tried again to see what the current charge on the case was, but the button did absoluty nothing but open the lid.  Plugged the case in, all lights show up on front of case and bud charging lights begin to blink.  Case is useless unless it's activly plugged in.  noticed to that with the case unplugged the buds remain connected to the app.  As soon as I plug in the case I get a message on the app that says Whoops, disconnected.  This only happens when the case is plugged in.

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Sound Sport free won't charge in case unless it's plugged in.

Hello ArnieMiller,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! It's unfortunate that you are experiencing these issues straight away after getting them out of the box, this is very strange indeed. I would be more than happy to help you out with this, could you please check the firmware version of the headphones in the Bose Connect app?

It would also be good to try some simple troubleshooting steps, please see below. 

To reset your product:

1. Place your earbuds in the charging case
  2. Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  4. Remove your earbuds from the case.

I would also suggest unplugging and reconnecting the cables, are you using a wall outlet to charge the headphones?

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

ArnieMiller
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Hello Zoe,

I have used both my computer and a wall outlet to charge the buds.  Current Firmware is 2.6.0.  

I don't believe it is the buds themselves but the case that is defective.  Without the buds in the case, and the case unplugged, no lights come on when hitting the case button.  Then when the buds are put in the case, the charging LED's on the inside of the case do not light up in any way.  If the case is plugged in, all lights function as expected.  Second thing I noticed, is that if the case is unplugged, when the buds are placed in their spot, they do NOT turn off or begin to charge.  I verified this as they stay connected on the Bose app.  But as soon as you plug the case in, the buds turn off, and begin to charge.

I feel like I just need a new case if that makes sense. 

Respectfully,

A.Miller

Hi A.Miller,

Thank you for your following up and providing this information!

At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you!

I hope this helps. If there is anything else we can do please reach out again!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

ArnieMiller
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Thanks, I will be exchanging them at my place of purchace at my earilest convience.

Thanks for your time....

Respectfully,

A.Miller