Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Sound from Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds disconnect when I get an incoming call

When I receive an incoming call, the sound gets disconnected and I hear the ringtone in my iPhone speakers, and need to change the source to Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds when I answer the call, which means I don’t hear the caller for a few seconds. This happened after a few weeks of use. It’s really annoying.

I have iPhone 7.

iOS 13.6.1

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sound from Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds disconnect when I get an incoming call

Hey Jonte95, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

This is strange, does this happen with any other devices during phone calls? It is typically the phone that decides where to route call audio. We will need to make sure the headphones are set as the default call audio. You can do this by going to General iPhone settings app > accessibility > touch > call audio routing on iOS devices.

To note, with Bluetooth calls on mobile devices, the phone call audio will usually default to the device on which it was answered on. You can answer a call directly on your headphones by double-tapping the right earbud. Can you test this the next time you have the headphones connected to your phone and receive an incoming call? Additional details on the headset's touch controls can be found HERE.

I'd also like for you to try resetting the earbuds by clearing the Bluetooth pairing list and pairing the two devices together again. Information on how to do this can be found HERE.

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

When I accept a phone call by tapping the right earbud twice the sound if the call comes from my iPhone 11 speakers and not thru earbuds.  How do I receive the phone audio from earbuds instead.  

Bose product name

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds

Hi DJDrisk,

Have you checked the settings posted by @Vicky_W above? If not I would definitely recommend doing so to get the call audio through your new earbuds! Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

With the kind assistance of the Geek Squad at Best Buy I discovered that my phone calls received thru the QuietConfort earbuds got routed to the phone speaker because my phone was selected to activate the phone’s Speakerphone option.  When I switched that off, the call came thru the earbuds.