Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Sound sport went through washer and dryer, multifunction button not working anymore

After my right headphone went into the washer and dryer on accident, it will randomly shut off and every time it comes back on, it starts beeping. I hold down the sound up button and it stops. It then asks me to hold down the multi function button to select English. I hold down the multi function button and nothing happens. It only stops when I turn off voice prompts. I do not know what to do.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Sound sport went through washer and dryer, multifunction button not working anymore

Probably the only thing you can do is call Bose customer service in your region to see what options there are.

Highlighted

Re: Sound sport went through washer and dryer, multifunction button not working anymore

Hello Joey234567,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your SoundSport Free wireless headphones are not working correctly. 

I would recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Place your earbuds in the charging case

2. Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds

3. Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute

4. Remove your earbuds from the case.

Does this happen when you are connected to any device? If just the one device, I would recommend clearing the pairing list by holding the Bluetooth/Power button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared" or a tone if you have voice prompts disabled. Then, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list on the device. Reconnect and test for the same outcome.

If the issue persists, please reach out to your local customer service team who will be happy to help. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.