Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Re: SoundSport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 - December 4, 2019

Exactly the same. A piece of junk and moving to another brand.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

This really worked. You have to basically keep touching your screen on your smartphone till it says "Ready to Update", and then can click on that. 

It is a pretty long update. Must be having some serious fixes

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

I see others are having the same problem with audio lag on windows 10 and youtube videos.  Has anyone actually got this combination to work properly?  Works properly with my iphone, but not with my desktop computer or my laptop - both of which are windows 10.

I did the 2.8.0 update using a usb cable connected to my computer.  The update went fine, but didn't fix the lag.  I also tried resetting the buds using the procedure described earlier (put in the case, connect to charger for 5 seconds and then disconnect and wait 1 minute.

I also cleared the bluetooth connections by holding the power button down for 10 seconds.  That did, in fact, clear the connections and I had to re-establish them to reconnect to my phone and computer.  However, didn't affect the audio lag problem at all.

Guess I'll probably be returning these.  Too bad, since they have excellent sound.  But I have other bluetooth earbuds that work just fine with windows 10 youtube videos.

Again, can anyone say they have actually got these working without any lag on windows 10 youtube?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Re: Sound Sport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 - December 4, 2019

After updating SoundSport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 in both mobile app and headphone, i am frequently facing an issue. The issue is while playing music the music stops automatically or bluetooth disconnect automatically and reconnect once again. Why this kind of issue i am facing? Please suggest me how to recover from this issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

My Left earpiece is not connecting.  I've read to update the Firmware but when I try to connect to USB port on my computer it doesn't do nothing.  I checked for the voice command to be On.  When connecting through the Bose Updater nothing happens.   Could you help??  It is annoying to not being able to connect the left earpiece.

I've tried also using the app and it doesn't recognizes a firmware update.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Re: Sound Sport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 - December 4, 2019

I'm having the same problem with music and video any fix? from the mods or maybe a new update? soon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

So how do I actually install this update on my SSF earbuds?  I'm not seeing a download link, and the updater app doesn't find anything. . . 

Highlighted

Hi motomushu,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues in updating your SoundSport Free's.

Is this via btu.bose.com that you are having difficulties?

I would double check to ensure that your headphones aren't already updated. You can view the current firmware version of your headphones in the Bose Connect app under the product details. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

My ear buds drain even in the case same as yours. Did it fix the problem?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Right Earbud will not turn on

Purchased less than a month ago, my right earbud will not turn on no matter what I do.