Highlighted
Community Manager

SoundSport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 - December 4, 2019

SSF 2.8.0.PNG

From December 4th, 2019, a new SoundSport Free firmware update (version 2.8.0) will be available on btu.bose.com and over-the-air via the Bose Connect App.

Release notes: 

• Pairing with Windows 10 is easier than ever before.
  • We made it easier to connect to the Samsung Galaxy Watch
  • Improved voice prompt performance.
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood.
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 - December 4, 2019

I’ve tried several times to upgrade the firmware for my earbuds. Each time the connection is lost and the update does not finish. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Does this fix lag issues?  I’m having major lag with Bluetooth when connected to my Peloton bike.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Does this update address battery case charging issues. My buds only charge when cable is plugged in? Earbuds discharge while in case and not plugged in.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Still having issues with these things. Item/material # 827770-0030. Just updated to current version also. I have an Iphone XR on ios 13.2.3. They do not give me problems on any other Bluetooth device I have including Iphone 6s running ios 13.2.3 also. I have taken my Iphone XR and used 2 different Bluetooth headset for at least 20 min. each and they do not cut out. I also clear out my Bluetooth devices every time I reconnect the Bose. What is happening is that after a few minutes the headphones will start to cut out. Start in the right and move over to the left speaker while the right 1 comes back in kind of like a wave effect. It will get worse over about 45 sec. then cut completely out for about 10 sec. then come back on and everything is fine for another few minutes.  I am also staying in 1 spot while I am going through this and even testing it with other sources like the Iphone 6s. I feel as if this is a software/firmware compatibility issue and if I get a new pair I will have the same issue again. I am running firmware version 2.8.0 . I am also listening to different sources on my Iphone and not to just 1 app. I hope I covered all my bases so tech support does not come back and say its your Iphone XR and not our issue goodbye.      

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Where are you using them? Other Bluetooth traffic around? Moving around Bluetooth and other signals, turning etc sometimes causes havoc with the things. Walking through a busy station the other day they were off more than on but then when I got on a full train they were fine.....go figure. Whatever it is it's some sketchy implementation. I just updated too but tbh I'm not holding out hope as I'm sure it's hardware/design related.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

HI there, I've successfully updated my SoundSport free last night to 2.8.0. It took long actually.

Well, what I've done is - I did increase my cell phone auto-lock screen to maximum, also increased buds auto-disconnection time-out from Bose+ connect app to 20 minutes.

Also, I made sure that buds are fully charged and started listening to buds and left unattended, with music on, so they wound not disconnect from my phone. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

HI there, I've updated mine to 2.8.0.

I've not tested charging related thing yet so can not comment on that part. (As I saw someone here commented for charging issue that buds not getting charged from the case, but case must be plugged with wire to have buds charged from case.

But interestingly, I am listening to my music, the same song, same volume, same equalizer presets on phone, but I feel the bass is low now, also lost the dignified/bass sound from the buds.. Please check if that's the case..

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Hi 

thank you for the reply. My issue is, I cannot get the download and update to finish. The headphones disconnects before the update completes. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Yes, so buds disconnection can be prevented if you keep listening music. Or you can increase disconnection and time out from Bose application from settings. I would say let the music keep playing until the product is updated. Let me know if that helps or questions.