BRU_MAXSAM
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Re: SoundSport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 - December 4, 2019

Hi, I'm a BOSE user from India and I brought my SoundSports Free 8 months ago but they haven't been updating yet. Every time I try to update them through Bose Connect the app states "Unable to update the firmware". Regardless I also tried to update my earbuds on my laptop (IOS). Every time I started the update it would stop update right after touching 10%. I retried a hundred time, finally I removed my earbuds from the case to connect to my phone realising that my right earbud has stopped working. The earbud seems to be fully charged but once I remove them from the case again the Bluetooth indication light doesn't blink. I also saw a troubleshoot solution recommended on the community page saying to charge the case on electric port for 5 sec, removing it from the USB port and keeping the case closed for 1 minute, but that hasn't helped. The update issue has become a big trouble for me and it's hard to connect to your helpline due to the pandemic.

Phileh
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

I threw these in a box last year after suffering with the lag issues with videos, got some AirPods and never thought any more about them.  Stumbled upon them last week and though it was time to give them another chance.  

Updated to 2.8.0 using chrome on W10, and everything working flawlessly on IOS, no more lag.  Update worked perfectly too after some painful attempts last year with the same updater.

So for me, definitely a flawed product, but if you can get them working, they’re quite rewarding and have delayed me looking for an alternative pair.  Thanks Bose

andrei_pw
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

I´m having an issue with my left earbud, the battery drains and it only works for 2rhs when the whole thing is supposed to be for around 5hrs, when I put only the left earbud back on the case, the battery status changes from low to 60%, which i guess should be the real battery status (right earbud) which apparently works well, this is very annoying, i hope this is a software issue and it´s fixed on the next update, still waiting for it.

quangnguyen608@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

how to reset bosesuond 

quangnguyen608@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

how to raset bosesuond

davemac
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

Same issue, updater will not update although it sees my SOUNDSPORT FREE  buds.  Battery drains in the case, makes NO sense.

Any Help out there ?

tarang911_bose
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2021

after updating the firmware i face some error in my earbuds, now in right pod i heard cracking noise