Vicky_W

Re: SoundSport Free Firmware Update 2.8.0 - December 4, 2019

Hello weezerox_23, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Whilst we are unable to roll back the firmware version, I would love for us to try some troubleshooting to resolve your issue.  Please could you also try the following: 

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software again. This step is only needed if the previous update was done via WiFi. 
  • Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  • Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

If any other community member is having this issue I would love to hear from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
weezerox_23
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Uninstalled the Bose Connect software and re-installing it did the trick. Thanks. 

Vicky_W

Hey weezerox_23, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am so glad that I was able to assist you. 

Do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
fncghee1204
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

I had to install the update directly from my laptop... over the WiFi would not work for me.... 

installed now and no issue I can find, yet 😁

MiamiAspMan
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Just curious how H-U-G-E the firmware update is that's been going on with my Samsung Galaxy Fold phone for the last 30+ minutes?  Even without the update, the SoundSport Free wireless buds have very good sound quality. The wireless Samsung Buds included with my Fold phone are garbage by comparison when listening to music...and I'm the furthest thing from a Bose fan-boy!  While I never thought it true on home speakers, maybe when it comes to ear buds, size really matters? (The Galaxy Buds and their charging case are very tiny by comparison to the beastly Bose SoundSport's and unfortunately, so is their sonic performance)

rik3899
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Will these SoundSport wireless headphones connect via bluetooth to a Peloton bike?

Thanks,

Robert

Anatoliy
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

On 2.6.0 firmware the sound is much better than 2.8.0!

honglong1976
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

That sounds like your case battery isn't holding a charge.

New case?

honglong1976
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Updated ok and an iPhone 6S (iOS13).

I set the headphones to never turn off and left it downloading. Took about 30 mins.

johnt1117
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

its not your iPhone. I am having the exact same issue with my note 8