Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

What should we do if we've already done that and they are unable or unwilling to help? Because I've contacted them (Indonesia) and they're not willing to issue a refund.

wrote:

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in and say that we would encourage anyone with an issue with any Bose product to contact their local Bose support. They would be the best equipped to assist you in your area. You can use this link. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us"

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2018

Hi everyone,

I have just yesterday purchased a pair of these at Apple in Adelaide, South Australia.  

Manufactured January 2018.

Latest firmware installed last night.

Audio/Video Sync is 1.5-2 seconds lagging.

Absolutely pathetic - clearly not a tried and tested product.

Returning them today.

For anyone wanting to try these - remember that Apple stores have a 14 day money back guarantee - no questions asked - so you can try them out and if you're not happy they will refund you on the spot.  Far better than having to deal with Bose or other retailers who stall you by sending them off for repairs.

I have really started to lose faith in Bose products over the last few years.  Their original wireless noise cancelling headphones had the same lag issue.  How, when that is in your history, does a company repeat this.  I think their Engineers must be pretty clueless.  You'd think one of the first things you'd do is check them with all major smartphones through all major video/audio streaming apps.  Really not good enough.

Doubtful I will return to Bose as a customer in the coming years.  

Nick 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Worst still, tourist like us get the unit from USA and now out of country and face this lagging issue ...

upate to latest, same...

We are stuck...and Bose is making a joke out of this product to themselves....

They should recall this product from every part of the world...seriously, can someone come out a "working" unit and report here it works on Mac, YouTube, iPhone, ? 

The SouldLink Mini is perfect in contrast...

Am stucked now..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2018

Are you all experiencing lag all the time? I only experienced it for YouTube. While watching Netflix there was no issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

It is on Netflix too, but content dependent. I can fix it sometime by putting it back to the charger and taking out againg after a few seconds.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2018

I think that every truely wireless earbuds are experience this so it's normal.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I have 3 different earbuds from different brands and non of them has similar issue. Even Bose can be in sync time to time. It is clearly a bad implementation and I hope Bose will fix it or I will return mine like many others.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

I purchased a pair of these yesterday and will be returning them to the Bose store tomorrow for a pair of the standard Soundsport wired headphones.

- The SSF requires me to delete the device from Windows and re-add the device if I've used these most recently with my mobile phone.  Otherwise it uses the "Headset" device by default which plays at a much lower quality in the right ear only.

- Even after I do get it working, audio is delayed by 1-2 seconds while watching Netflix.

I didn't bother to test any other video players as the process to delete and re-add the devices each time I want to use them is already too much.  Bose has shot themselves in the foot by setting up their customers' expectations that everything "just works."

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Have you tried the pixelbuds?  If you have a pixel phone there are 2 or 3 nice features that are exclusive to those buds.  yeah i think they're too big too, but, the sync issue and (i think they have ApTx) and the google translator feature all sound pretty good, and TRUE google assistant support.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Does someone have a pic of the label and where it shows the manufactured date?  This way I can check it out before actually buying and opening.  What is the significance of making sure you get a pair manufactured after Jan.2018?  And are later date ones any better with the latency issue?   I just saw those indigogo ones (aria?) that mention they do phone calls in stereo so apparently that is, possible.