Hoperpoper
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 27, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Hi there,

I truly want to buy these earbuds but for the price, I'd like to be able to watch netflix and HBO and such as well while I'm traveling.

I've read somewhere that latency kind of disappears when you're using a device with BT 5.0 technology. That'd suck as my phone uses it but my tablet does not. Do you think that's a factor?

Thank you!

Balder
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

Hoperpoper, i just tried mine to see if i experience any lag at all.

so i tried  watching netflix on my samsung galaxy s9+ and i do not notice any noticable lag in the audio.

ill test some more with some other apps when im off work and i will reply again

CandyMan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

Day 1: Received from Amazon the Soundsport and used with Spotify. Simply as expected. Amazing sound

Day 2: Used with youtube on my iPhone or Netflix on a new Smart TV LG... something was starting to bother me about sound lag

Day 3: Updated ALL existing Software or firmware in the planet for this product. The problems did not resolve

Day 4: Found this forum...immediately returned the product to Amazon

The original price was 200€ but they sell now at 159€ ... this is the reason. 

I am extremely disappointed and will try Bang & Olufsen Beoplay

Goodbye BOSE

Johnix
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Day 365........no resolution from BOSE   😉

CandyMan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

I had no doubt

Jonboothe
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2018

BOSE. I would like a complete refund for the SoundSport free headphones. I’ve been a Bose customer for over 10 years. Bose has neglected to address the problem in the least... I have emailed, called, and posted on forums like this. worst headphones I have ever purchased.

Ben77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

Just a quick note I decided to hang onto my headphones (I was just going to use them for music). I'm not sure what happened but now they work perfectly. I think it was the new version of Android on my pixel 2 xl. But everything is now in sync. Love the headphones now they go everywhere with me.
Man791985
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Hi
Now i get confused im planning to buy one now but after what should i do . Is the problem get fixed or still
Thx
ipesti
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

It is still there. I wait another month for a fix an ask my money back. The only positive change I experienced that the lag is gone for Apple products.

Highlighted
bballman360
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

I just bought these headphones and updated to the latest firmware.  Had a couple drops on the left earbud and also noticed that the Youtube app had a bad delay.  Decided to take them back to get a new pair as I have read getting a pair that was manufactured after Dec may solve all the issues.  Returned them and got a pair manufactured in October of 17.  Updated to the latest firmare and have not experiance any drops, but Youtube is still delayed.  Does anyone know if getting a later verison solves anything? Also, has anyone seen the Apple Youtube app fixed at all?