Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Checked for lag after updating pixel XL to Android Pie and the delay is gone. Confirmed with YouTube, Netflix, movies anywhere. All of which had very noticeable lag before Android Pie. Huzzah!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

But is the lag gone in games? I'm still on Android Oreo and the lag for videos has been gone for a while now...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

Not sure on games, don't have any. I had lag in movies on Oreo. Did not go away until update to pie.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I had used Bose Soundsport for close to two years and then upgraded to Soundsport free two month back.

Though I do not regret this upgrade. However this YouTube app lag is bothering me a lot.. and Hence I tried and tested with all the Other audio sources and found that this is Youtube. 

So basically, Bose is doing what it is supposed to do. If all of you guys are also confirming that there is no delay in other sound sources. then don’t you think bashing Bose for this and returning your Soundsport free back to Bose is too much..

How many time did you raised your concern to YouTube.. I think not even once. I made my point.

I am enjoying my Bose.. and Just because of one b***** app I am not returning them.

Cheers..

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I have to agree with MZ4U on this.
Seems to be issue with app. Tested YouTube on Safari and I don’t see any lagging at all.
Thanks.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Hi there,

I'm from Israel and using smartphone GALAXY S8.

somebody should buy me pair of SoundSport Free.

Does the lag problem still exist with the very new earphones or is it already solved?

BR

Ofir

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I'm using iPhone XS Max, just purchased Bose Soundsport Free, Manufacture Date 14/07/2018, Firmware version v2.5.6 having 1-2 seconds delay issue with all apps (including Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, etc) — however the sound quality is outstanding. Please advise.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Hi,

I got mine 10 days ago, updated to the latest FW (automatically by the app.) and there is no lag at all.

I'm using Android 8.0 in my Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Results: (after updating to the latest firmware)
Macbook - lag
iPhone - lag
Samsung s7- works well!
Windows notebook - worst! Either one side with super lousy quality or can't connect at all, and hang the notebook

Ironically the sound quality with iPhone and macbook is the best

Am testing using YouTube

If pure music, the lagging won't be a problem since not using as video
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2018

I think most people bought this due to previous good experience with Bose's product quality...

my Mini Soundlink work like a champ in all my phones/notebooks..(since iphone5, old asus notebook, to macbook/xps13)...but this soundsport free is a total melt down for the brand, and it shows Bose quality / QC /developer is having a big downhill...and looking at the product management not answering this issue, and keep selling this bugged product to the market, i am not surprise Jabra, Beat will keep eating up their market more.. 

This can be the last Bose product for many consumer buying seeing such lag of respondsibility...

#laggate