Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

any video app that works well? youtube in samsung seems ok, but not iphone/macbook..

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

The problem is YouTube, not your Bose Soundsport Free's.  It’s the crappy way that YouTube caches their videos.

Quality video sources like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc do not have this problem.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2018

I don't think it's YouTube, as said it works well on my Samsung phone on YouTube ,
But iPhone, Macbook having lag and Windows notebook even worst, the Bose denied of their problem is crazy..
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

there is video lag when working through an app like youtube, however going to the youtube website to play the video does not have any lag, or is at least 97% in sync (barely noticable unless you look very closely) it might be because soundsport is getting the audio and video secondhand (youtube app) instead of directly from the actual source (youtube website)

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

I have been using these headphones daily for a little under a year. I am using iPhone X and my headphones have the latest (2.5.6) update. The only app that I've ever had problems with is YouTube for iOS. Every other video app I used on my iPhone (Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video) do not have any audio/video delay. As others have noted, if you go to youtube.com from safari/chrome on an iOS device, the audio/video delay disappears. To me, this is clearly an issue with the iOS youtube app.

Again, I use these headphones heavily on a daily basis, both just sitting at my desk as well as running/biking, and the audio/video delay on youtube's iOS app is the only issue I've ever had with these headphones. The issue appears to be with the youtube app itself and not the headphones. Can't speak to any issues with Android devices, but I've had an amazing experience with these headphones with my iPhone.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

I received a pair for Christmas, it did a software update when I turn them on, but I noticed that there is a substantial lag when using any video source. This includes YouTube, Facebook, Prime Video, Xfinity. I paired them with my iPhone, my iPad with the same results. I would hate to have to return these if this issue is not resolved
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

I have the same problem, it’s not synchronized with the video, I make the update but it still the same problem. have and iPhone X
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

It surprises me but for now, All the other video apps work Netflix is good Hulu is good the only when I have a problem with is you tu all the other video apps work Netflix is good Hulu is good the only when I have a problem with Is I YouTube . For now the only way to get around the YouTube problem is to watch YouTube through a browser if you have an Apple iPhone I suggest you use Safari if you have an android I suggest you use their default browser and watch YouTube through their default browser that should get rid of the video last at least until they figure out what to do about the YouTube app
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2018

I am using Macbook , listening to Youtube on browser and still lagging...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Are u using safari? That is very surprising. I actually sold my pair on eBay took the money and bought new true wireless earbuds by a ny company called master and dynamic they sound amazing and zero lag on YouTube or any video