Highlighted
jchacana
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

First of all the good. Sound is amazing. And that's all

Then, the bad:

1 second lag when streaming through apps (right now I can say it's happening only in youtube and facebook apps. Netflix works ok)

1 second lag when listening to audio/effects from games (example, Pokemon Go)

No audio on left ear when doing phone calls. Yeah, you'll say that's how is intended, but ethically, you should advertise that limitation. I have a dissability on my right ear, so using this earbuds is really annoying, and, no, it doesn't meet the expectations for the price.

Under some strannge and magic circumstance, which I don't know how it happened, I was able to hear a video call from both ears. With very low quality, but at least it allowed me to hear. As I said, I don't know how that happened and I've never been able to reproduce it again

So, I'd really like to know what are the plans for those clients that are dissatisfied with the purchase.

And again, I'd really advise to advertise the phone call limitation. It's not ethical

auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Yep,

I did try to call the Support and all they did was to offer a replacement.  But then, I have to return my purchaed one which means I cannot return it once I sent to Bose.  And that is why I decided to return back to where I purchased.

I found steps to work in Windows but the steps are annoying and if I switch to use on iPhone and then back to desktop, I have to go through the steps again.  Very unacceptable !!!

And of course, I had updated all firmware and software before I decided to return it.

adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

This is sad to see so many others with issues and no tangible resolution or at least acknowledgement of the issues. Think I'll be returning mine.
BK.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

but others has their own problems too, i already returned some sony one and changed to this

maybe still best for music(outdoor use) and has best fit

auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

I agree that others may have problems but this does not mean it is ok. If it is cheap $20 headphones, I will not complain because you get what you pay for. We are talking a high end $200 headphones and Bose would not admit the problem and provides no fix for for a long time. Then this is not acceptable !!!
Ben77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

So just a follow-up. Before I returned my Bose earphones. My pixel 2XL got an Android update. ALL the lag issues we're resolved. I have since been using a Samsung s9 and no problems either. They are great earphones for listening to music. From what I understand these earphones require a certain built-in function in the Bluetooth framework to keep video and audio in sync. The device connected to them as well as the app must support it and that's why we are all having such mixed experiences. I decided to hang onto mine and I use them problem free everyday.
auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Agree with that. I also have no problem on my iPhone XS Max. But switching to my laptop was the problem. And the lag was also on laptop running win 10.
advaitbanga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Hey, is there any lag while playing pubg?

advaitbanga
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

any lag while playing pubg?

rejminimer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

Agree on Android phones. They work with no lag on my Pixel XL and my wife's Note 8. No lag using any aps or streaming services. Video or audio. Really happy with them.