adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

Thanks Greg. Question remains though, how have other TWS manufacturers achieved better results?

Safe to assume this won't EVER be fixed and we'll have to buy new hardware?
auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Greg,
Thanks for the explanation but that still do not explain how a company like Bose will introduce a product that have this inherented problems. I expect this will come with cheap unknown brands and this will be the excuse they will give me for it. As Bose, I would expect ‘Quality’ is the main theme and this problem will be addressed during testing and make sure it is taken care of before even put it in the market !!!
djott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

I am just curious if anyone has been able to force aptx on Windows 10, and if so did it help with video latency?  

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello djott! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

It is my understanding that AptX implementation requires licensed hardware (processing chip) so it seems unlikely that it would be compatible with Windows 10 without a dedicated sound card containing the necessary processor. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

arvinder06
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Hello,

I bought BOSE- SoundSport Free wireless headphone last week. Initially, there was a delay in sound while watching videos on YouTube, Netflix etc. I updated the firmware to the latest and the problem is now solved.

However, while playing PUBG game on my mobile (one Plus 6), I am still experiencing the sound delay which makes the game un-playable. Also, I don't experience this when I use Apple Air pods. Any solution to this otherwise I have to return the headphones. 

Thanks

Arvinder

Community Manager

Hi Arvinder,

Thanks for posting! 

This is actually normal operation with the headset.  We do not recommend using Bluetooth headsets for gaming as there will be an inherent delay.  In regards to the Apple Air Pods, they use a proprietary chip set that allows the syncing for different applications.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

@Tony_A - bluetooth headsets work fine for gaming, just not these.

I didn't hear back on my earlier comment. Are these lag issues EVER expected to be fixed on this generation of hardware, or are we just expecting to have to buy new once Bose catches up to Apple and others?

Thanks

Skotch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Dear Greg,

I could not find any customer support page in Latvia, I have same issue with audio lag on ios youtube app, have you figured out any workaround? I am on firmware 2.6.0.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello adambean,

Thanks for the question.

We don't have any new information on if the lag issue will be resolved.

I can assure you this has been passed along to development.

If there is any new information, we'll let the community know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

arvinder06
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Hi, Thanks for the reply. This means your product is incomplete and should be tested more before coming to market. This was my huge mistake to buy BOSE this time. I am using BOSE bluetooth speaker and wired headphone from last 3 years and hence bought these wireless headphones without even looking at reviews because I trust BOSE. However, just because of this issue, I have lost trust on BOSE and I am now going to return the headphones back to you guys.

I wish BOSE will come up with better product and my best wishes to BOSE. Thanks