Usillyjp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

I have the same problem and it’s extremely frustrating. As I am an avid YouTube app user
Usillyjp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Definitely has made me venture to see what the Apple Airpods2 will offer in terms of water sweat resistance
auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Same here. I had returned my headphones after a couple of weeks of trying. I have since returned it and looking into AirPod or AirPod 2.
It is really disappointed that Bose had released such a bad product.
Highlighted
sarabahluwalia28@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

I'm waiting for bose to fix the video audio sync issue so that i can go buy a pair. Do you guys have any expected dates?

@Shiloh_C wrote:

Hi there mbutzke,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with the SoundSport Free's has been disappointing.  I'd like to encourage you to reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Where you live in Ireland I would reach out to your local support.

Please let us know if you need anything else or have any questions.

Take care and enjoy your day,

Shiloh 

@Shiloh_C wrote:

Hi there mbutzke,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with the SoundSport Free's has been disappointing.  I'd like to encourage you to reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Where you live in Ireland I would reach out to your local support.

Please let us know if you need anything else or have any questions.

Take care and enjoy your day,

Shiloh 

Hi sarabahluwalia28 ,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. There is generally a slight delay with Bluetooth audio which can be noticeable with video sources. This can differ between apps/sources, though the delay may be more apparent with the SoundSport Free due to the true wireless technology.  We would recommend updating your headphones to the latest software because we  have been able to mitigate some of the Audio Video delay with firmware adjustments, but  this is not a perfect solution.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Wolfsong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

I just got a pair of these yesterday for my birthday.  It took a bit of time to update the firmware but I wanted to test them fully after they were up to date.  On the plus side, these have some of the best sound I've heard in any headphones, wireless or not.  They were built for sound and on that they do not disappoint.

I am also seeing some of the lag that other's have reported.  I'd seen this discussed in reviews and thought that the problem was fixed in the latest update but there are some lingering issues.  The only big offender right now, though, is Youtube.  I have no problem with Netflix and Amazon Video, for instance, but Youtube (and their music app) both lag behind when I'm doing a video.  Oddly, I can open Safari (I'm on an iPhone XR) to play Youtube and it works great - just the app lags behind.

I'd like to know if this might be related to hardware or does everyone have issues with the Youtube app?  These buds were made in December of 2017 and I'm not sure if there was a hardware update along the line or if everything was addressed in firmware?  Also, are there any tips/tricks to force an app to sync?

Thanks!

adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

So, I just bought a $40 pair of aukey wireless buds that DO NOT have this delay.

How is it that a pair of buds at 1/5 the price, doesn't have this issue? Especially a much smaller company than Bose doesn't even focus on audio as their primary product?

This is pretty sad. Kinda pissed I'm outside of my return window.

Bose, this is not acceptable.
honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

which model?

moifps
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I have the same problem as everybody. Yes, the update did help a little bit, specially when it comes to NETFLIX, but it is still very annoying when we try to watch something on youtube or even watch something through Windows media player or MPC (and I'm talking about something in storege, not streaming)

Something that I notice is that the problem only occurs if I use the stereo mode, if I use de "hands-Free" mode on windows , wich is basically just the right bud connected, the is no latency in the audio.

Adding the list of issues, I have to go through I ritual to change connection from the Iphone to My laptop (and vice versa, since they will not connect both of the buds if I dont clear the bluetooth devices first.

Im very desappointed with the quality of  this product. If i have done a little bit of research about this product I would have saved some money buying airpods (and avoiding all this problems)

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments. Your input is very useful and helps us to improve our products and better understand the needs of our customers.

Best regards,

Patrick - Community Support