Highlighted
adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

@patrick - will bose offer a refund now or a trade in when the next gen comes out? Per my above comment, a $40 pair of aukeys do not have these issues. How is that possible?

The sound quality on the bose are so **bleep** good but the fact that I have to travel with two pairs of headphones is just silly. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have a $200 pair of headphones that you can't watch any video with.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi adambean,

Thanks for replying. I'm glad that you're pleased with the sound quality and it's a shame that the headphones don't live up to your expectations in other regards. We currently do not have any plans for a next generation of these headphones, so I can't offer you a trade in. However, if you're really unhappy with the headphones, contact us directly by telephone and we'll look into setting up a return for you.

Kindest regards,

Patrick - Community Support

dandelaney8
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

Yeah seriously this is whack - very confused how Bose doesn't have this fixed yet... Been using these for months and it's frustrating to say the least

Ben77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2018

I personally feel it will get better as more manufactor's and app developers embrace the new BT standard for audio video syncing. I was feeling really upset with my headphones initially for the same issue. But my 2 most recent phones Samsung S9 and Pixel 2XL both work flawlessly in all apps.

I think as with all new technology there are going to be dramas with apps and hardware compatibility.

I think what BOSE should do is put a unmissable warning label on their product/website warning buyers of the compatibility issues with Video sync. I am sure their sales team wont like it, but it would at least stop all the loyal BOSE customers becoming bitterly upset and not buying BOSE again as they were fairly warned.

honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

The problem with that is putting 'video sync issues' on the box will deter people from buying them.

Bluetooth always has a sync issue, it's just less noticeable than it used to be. I have the normal soundsport wireless and they work flawlessly, although there is obviously a lag, it's not a noticeable one.

beacks
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

Guys, please be aware that Bose will not fix this EVER. The video sync issue is a disaster and I will never buy a BOSE product again.

Apple would totally give you a refund, no matter when you purchased it.

Goodbye Bose.

RyanMiller317
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Hello, Bose community, my name is Ryan, and I have been looking at ways to improve the use of the SoundSport Frees on the Android operating system.  Currently, the concern with audio lag is most likely from the audio codec that Android phones/tablets and the video applications use. (Please skip to the last paragraph for a posable solution.)  In doing some research, I have come across the fact that SoundSport Frees use audio codec ACC and SBC, of which ACC can transfer at quicker speeds then ACC.

Currently, I am using a Pixel XL running on Android version 9 and have not seen any slowdown on the YouTube app.  I have used the SoundSport Frees from the initial launch date and have never seen any lag on YouTube with other versions of the Android operating system, but I have seen other people using Android phones including the Pixel 2 and 3 with audio lag.

Currently, the best solution for reducing the audio lag from the Android 8.0 phones or newer has been to change the default Bluetooth stream audio codec in the settings of the phone, but this does require you to unlock the developer mode so you can access Developer options.  If you want to try this solution out, then head over to bestusefultips.com and go through the steps.

auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Instead of waiting for Bose to come up for a fix and it’s silence treatment of not doing anything. I ordered the AirPod 2 instead
Riteshmadhok
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

I have the same issue here from my Soundsport Free purchased in India, have contacted the Bose service here in Mumbai and they say they are waiting for a reply from BOSE on this. I would be returning the unit if no resolution is given and taking a full refund. Never thought BOSE quality would be like this. It’s a huge flaw from them.
RyanMiller317
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Hello, my name is Ryan, and I have been looking at ways to improve the use of the SoundSport Frees on the Android operating system.  Currently, the concern with audio lag is most likely from the audio codec that Android phones/tablets and the video applications use. (Please skip to the last paragraph for a posable solution.)  In doing some research, I have come across the fact that SoundSport Frees use audio codec ACC and SBC, of which ACC can transfer at quicker speeds then ACC.

Currently, I am using a Pixel XL running on Android version 9 and have not seen any slowdown on the YouTube app.  I have used the SoundSport Frees from the initial launch date and have never seen any lag on YouTube with other versions of the Android operating system, but I have seen other people using Android phones including the Pixel 2 and 3 with audio lag.

Currently, the best solution for reducing the audio lag from the Android 8.0 phones or newer has been to change the default Bluetooth stream audio codec in the settings of the phone, but this does require you to unlock the developer mode so you can access Developer options.  If you want to try this solution out, then head over to bestusefultips.com and go through the steps.