auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free Lag

For what it is worth.  Just bought an Airpods 2 and sync with my PC and everythings work right away.  No lag at all.  Will pair with my iPhone later and see how that works.  One bad product from Bose on the SoundSport Free

WayneKLMY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hi auee92,

I am returning my Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones to Bose tomorrow after all methods to torouble shot audio lag issue on Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones have failed. I am also keen on getting the new Airpods 2. 
Please do share with us about teh latency test on Airpods 2. We are all sick of getting stuck with Bose. Thanks

Highlighted
adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Soooo, just got my free Samsung Galaxy buds and no lag! Last straw for me. I absolutely love the sound quality and feel of the Bose but the fact that I have to travel with two sets of buds is just silly.

@patrick - how do we get our money back? I'm hoping an updated version will be released and I'll happily be a return customer.
auee92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

As much as I love Bose, I have to give a total thumbs down on the SoundSport Free.  Purchased the Airpod 2 and have been using it for more than a week and here is my accessment of my experience comparing with Airpod 2

1.  Airpod 2 - works straight out of the box !!  Connected to my iphone without much issues, no lag at all.  (I wath DirecTV now on iPhone and has no jet lag at all)

SoundSport Free - works straight out of the box !! Connected to my iphone without much issues.  But experience terrible lag watch DirecTV now and You Tube)

2.  SoundSport Free seems to have better Sound quality that Airpod 2 but with the jetlag, that advantage is useless.

3.  Switching between iPhone and Windows 10 Laptop

Airpod 2 - Just worked, I switch back and forth and connect with no problem

SoundSport Free - pain in the you know what to sync on my laptop.  Once synced, it works with video lag.  Then switch to iPhone with no problem.  But switch back to laptop does not work until I have to clear the Bluetooth profile on my laptop and rediscover again to have it to work !!  **bleep**

#3 is the show stopper for me to return the SoundSport free for refund !!

Just my 2 cents worth

@adambean wrote:
Soooo, just got my free Samsung Galaxy buds and no lag! Last straw for me. I absolutely love the sound quality and feel of the Bose but the fact that I have to travel with two sets of buds is just silly.

@patrick- how do we get our money back? I'm hoping an updated version will be released and I'll happily be a return customer.

Silentwalker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2019

I made a video example of the lag with the soundsport wireless (not the free version, the one with the wire connecting the two). It really sucks because I'd love to game with them but it's so disorientating. 

Here is the video. https://youtu.be/n_o1aBBczRo

First part are from the speakers, second is from the headphones in hands-free mode, it has no latency at all and works well, the only problem is that it's the hands-free mode so it's only one channel and sounds like crap because it's meant for phone calls and the 3rd is the regular setting for the headphones. Sounds great but has a huge amount of lag.

I've slown the video down to give a better example of the lag between the shots on the video to the audio coming though the speakers, run the video at x2 speed for normal speed.

Wish the latency was the same in the hands-free mode as it is for the regular stereo mode.

First: Speakers Second: Hands-Free setting Third: Regular setting
RanchuGuy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Even with the update to Firmware 2.6.0, the lag is evident, especially when watching Netflix from my TV through a BT transmiter.

When using my Jabra Evolve 75, there is NO LAG

Here in the PH, I am not sure if I can refund the cost of the Soundsound Free Wireless, but honestly, I prefer to keep them, if only the lag issue can be solved by a firmware update.

I dont understand how Jabra, or Apple can provide lagless products, and Bose, a premier Audio company cannot solve this issue.  So disappointing

techadvisor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2019

After a few hours trying to get my sound sports to update because it kept dropping connection from the app on my phone and PC option wasn't working, I finally was able to get it to finish updating to 2.6.0. However, even though currently I am finally able to hear out of both ears with my PC the lag is so bad I can't watch any video without being 1-2 seconds behind which makes them useless to me for video.

Bose either needs to update this issue immediately, or give everyone refunds for this product. Spent a lot of money on what I assumed were quality earbuds only to find out you can't really use them for anything on a PC. Even computer sounds come through after they are supposed to, which I assume is due to the low energy feature.

If someone has found a solution for this please let me know and I will try it, but I assume this issue results from the slave/master scenario they got going on with the earbuds. I have noticed if I tell it to only use the master like how it operates for phone calls, there is little to no lag, but it results in horrendous sounding audio. 

adambean
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

@patrick - how do we seek a refund? My free Galaxy buds have no lag and are superior to this half baked Bose product.
scottbermingham
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2019

Just bought a pair and upgraded firmware. Connected to my new iphone xr, these are my current results:
Lag in...
- Youtube native app
- Facebook app
- Instagram app

No Lag in...
- Youtube.com via safari
- Netflix App

Hi Adambean, 

Thanks for your post I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Also thank you @scottbermingham for posting your findings. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B