SoundSport Free Lag

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Soundsport free audio delay

I have an iPad, iPhone and there is a delay with the YouTube app. Use Safari and there is no lag.

Silent Starter

SoundSport free audio lag lips syncs

Hi, i just bought soundsport free wireless and I noticed that this earbuds was lagging during video play on youtube,netflix and social media. My apps were all up to date . And how do i fix this ?
Silent Starter

Re: SoundSport free audio lag lips syncs

Unfortunately you can’t. It’s one of two major flaws with the SoundSport Free that otherwise are great earbuds (if you search for this issue you’ll see that it goes all the way back to the product launch). They are essentially good for music only. ☹️

I returned mine for this reason as I couldn’t use a set of earbuds that didn’t work with video. I’m still using my SoundSport Wireless which don’t have this issue.

Bose just recently announced their Earbuds 500, so hopefully this issue (as well as only being able to pair with one device) will be corrected in the new product when that releases in late 2019 or 2020.
Silent Starter

Audio lag in soundsport wireless

I am experiencing a audio lag when i stream video online and also when i play games like clash of clans etc.
Anyone also experiencing same problem with bose soundsport wireless earphones?
Please reply
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Audio lag in soundsport wireless

I can't say I've experienced any audio lag with my soundsport wireless. I only watch Youtube through a browser and never their app. Apparently their app is causing issues for some. Games I'm not into. 

While watching your videos what source is it (YouTube, Vimeo, or something else) and is through an app or a browser? Either way is it on desktop or mobile? Also can you provide a link so others can test out the same video and see if they experience the same lag? Are your headphones up-to-date with the latest firmware? 

Silent Starter

I have updated latest firmware already and bose connect app is also up-to-date.
For me it's all reverse like when i play video through YT official app then there ks no audio lag but when i play vudeo from browser then its having problem.
I generally used google chrome for browsing and when i stream video then it's have lag problem,also when i play games.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Yeah, whether or not they play nice together with audio from various video sources seem to be all over the map. Some have sucess while the next person does not. 

Audible Advocate

I eventually settled on keeping them, despite the issues. I use YouTube in safari.

After 3 months. Conclusion, they really are excellent, and since buying them ive used them every day. I’d advise not rushing to return as there are no perfect solutions out there that tick all of the boxes.